Recent Topics

1 Mar 23, 2007 10:27    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Anyone else having any trouble with the upgrade? I did the 1.9.2 -> 1.9.3 upgrade, which was described as a minor update (just replace a few files)... well, one minute everything's working smoothly then after the upgrade, I get this:

hxxp://journal.sellyoursoul.org/blogs/index.php

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!

Unknown column 'plug_name' in 'field list'(Errno=1054)

Your query:

SELECT plug_ID, plug_priority, plug_classname, plug_code, plug_name, plug_shortdesc, plug_apply_rendering, plug_status, plug_version, plug_spam_weight

FROM evo_plugins

WHERE plug_status = "enabled"

ORDER BY plug_priority, plug_classname

I'm not an expert in PHP/SQL, though I can usually figure out how to get things working, but in this case, I have no idea, and since the upgrade also updated the database, I'm guessing i can't/shouldn't try to downgrade to 1.9.2. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Michael

2 Mar 24, 2007 00:44

I recently moved from 1.9.2 to 1.9.3 and you're right, it's just replacing a few files. (DB unaffected)

I'd check your phpMyAdmin and verify that everything is kosher with your evo_plugins table. (maybe you'll need to restore it from a backup?) (maybe it was having problems before you upgraded?) dunno.

As the DB structure didn't change from 9.2->9.3, I see no problem with backout out the changes you did and wandering back to a 9.2-world.

Weird.

Hope the info helps.

3 Mar 24, 2007 11:48

Thanks.

Turns out there was something wrong in the db schema, but when I ran the upgrade option in the installer, it fixed it. If anyone else has this problem, there's a possible solution.

-M :-)

4 Mar 24, 2007 22:58

hi erveryone!

I've just upgraded from 1.9.2 to 1.9.3 and I have the same error message, I don't know how to fix it, I don't understand what you mean mijkal, when you talk about the upgrade option :(

any help please ? :(

edit : here is the url : http://lectures.elvenbook.com/blogs/
8|

5 Mar 24, 2007 23:21

kawole: go to /install/ and chose "Upgrade". This should fix up/upgrade your database.

Haven't you upgraded when moving from 1.8.x to 1.9.x before?

6 Mar 24, 2007 23:25

Hi Blueyed !

I've already upgraded, many times, but I've already upgraded from 1.9.2 to 1.9.3, I selected the second option "upgrade", do I need to do that again ?

if I type /install/ I get this message :

evoCore FrameWork
/install folder
If you are trying to install, click here to call the install script .

This folder holds the install files.

This folder needs to be accessed through the web at install time and should be erased after installation.

a if it was a new installation 8|

I don't want to make a mistake, can I go on ?

7 Mar 25, 2007 04:05

I chose upgrade and it told me the database was different than it should be, and ran the upgrade and it fixed it. However, I did this after I had tried re-uploading the full install of 1.9.3 (not just the upgrade .zip from 1.9.2). I don't know if that made a difference or not. In the past I had to repair the b2e database (my server has cPanel so you can just choose repair on the db you want to fix; I don't know about other hosts). Hope that helps.

Form is loading...