Recent Topics

1 Mar 27, 2007 09:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Q 1. Why would our blogs have numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 and then 10,11,12 etc?

Q 2 Why do I have a blog NONE (0) in the stats tab but not in the blog list. Why does this look like blog all (1) from the stats point of view (ie it appears to total all of the blogs)

Q 3 I have removed Blog All (1) from the public list but can I not remove it at all? Anyone using b2evo would know how to find it!

2 Mar 27, 2007 13:22

A 1. Have you or someone else been deleting blogs in between the number you mention? E.g. setting up a blog, not content with it, delete the blog and set up a new blog.

A2. I don't know. I can't duplicate a blog zero on the testmachine, though it seems you can make a blog zero by default if you just hit the create button.

A3. You probably could delete the blog All, but I shouldn't because it will be hard to set up if you should decide to. You can remove it's references in index.php, remove or change the stub file, so people can't accedently or pupolesly hit the All blog. Try googling for htaccess, which is an extra possibillity to protect your blog.

Read around in the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Main_Page]manual[/url] where you'll find many topics concerning safety and blog management.

3 Mar 27, 2007 22:16

Reply A1: No. This is what I had thought may have explained the scenario, but it was while I was setting up a set of blogs that it appears to have chosen to start at 10. Being the orderly person that I am this is just a frustration not an earth-shattering phenomenon!

Reply A2: Thats just it. I wasn't seeking to create a blog 0. It just 'turned up' overnight I think. Sounds bizarre?

If it helps:-

In the Blog Settings Tab I see:

General (Blog5) : List (0) : Blog All (1) : Blog 2 : Blog 3 : Blog 4 : Blog 5 : Blog 6 : Blog 10 : Blog 11 : Blog 12 : Blog 13

Under the Stats Tab I see:

Hit Summary (Blog 5) : None (0) : Blog All (1) : Blog 2 : Blog 3 : Blog 4 : Blog 5 : Blog 6 : Blog 10 : Blog 11 : Blog 12 : Blog 13

Reply A3: Thanks for the tips - will see which one I can get my head around using!

Form is loading...