Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2007 08:02    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I was deleting some spam trackbacks and made the rookie error of deleting my post. Now it is gone.

Is there anyway to recover the entire post?

Help is greatly appreciated!

2 May 06, 2007 08:51

Depending on how old your post is you might get lucky and find it in the google cache, or possibly even in your browser cache, otherwise the answer's no

¥

3 May 06, 2007 09:05

I found the first paragraph in google but everything after the "more" entry is gone.

I was hoping there would be something in the php file that would retain a history or some other way of getting the text. As luck would have it, this was a large entry and not easily reconstructed.

Thanks for the help.

Any other thoughts are welcomed. I am desperate!

4 May 06, 2007 09:17

You could try searching for the posts permalink url in google, if it finds it then it should be the post from "more" onwards

¥

5 May 06, 2007 09:27

Tried to search the permalink but to no avail.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. These things happen.

6 May 06, 2007 09:35

Last thing I can think of is, if you use feedburner or another service for your feeds then it might have the post cached.

¥

7 May 06, 2007 10:13

No dice. It had everything before the read more link.

Again thanks for the help. I will try and rebuild.

8 May 06, 2007 10:24

Does your host backup your database(s) on a daily basis? If so was the lost post existing prior to the last backup?

9 May 06, 2007 10:33

They do. Although I have never attempted to recover anything from the back up.

Good thinking. What am I looking for in terms of file/type?

Thanks,

Well, I downloaded a back up of the MySql file for the blog on my server. It is a bit jumbled, but I should be able to salvage what I lost from her.

Thank you both so much for your help.

Problem is resolved!

Take care!

Form is loading...