Recent Topics

1 Jul 04, 2007 09:58    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find the exact answer in the forums.

All I want to do is display the last five blog titles on the homepage of my website.

I know I can do it through widgets (feedburner, springwidgets etc) or with an iFrame, but I'm sure there's got to be a simple command to call the local xml direct, or something that's local and will load quicker than the above would.

* As an added bonus (not that you'll really get anything) I'd also love to include just the first pic that's in the post, without any of the body. Any thoughts here?

Cheers

2 Jul 10, 2007 03:44

A link to your site would help to get a feel for the layout.

Within b2Evo, you can use the <!MORE> tag and you can put it right below the picture tag. This would allow an RSS Feed (e.g. FeedBurner) to show just the picture and people would have to click to see the content.

Within b2evo, in the app settings tab, you can specify how many posts per page you want and this will help you control the # of posts per page or RSS feed.

3 Jul 10, 2007 04:12

esanchez wrote:

A link to your site would help to get a feel for the layout.

Within b2Evo, you can use the <!MORE> tag and you can put it right below the picture tag. This would allow an RSS Feed (e.g. FeedBurner) to show just the picture and people would have to click to see the content.

Within b2evo, in the app settings tab, you can specify how many posts per page you want and this will help you control the # of posts per page or RSS feed.

The blog is www.leenaeats.com/blog

The site in progress can be seen at www.leenaeats.com/home.htm I've currently got the Feedburner widget running on that page - and I'd like to replace that with the local blog script if possible.

Cheers

Form is loading...