Recent Topics

1 Aug 07, 2007 22:56    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I see sites that have some security features in place to prevent the copying of pictures or graphics from their site. Is there such a hack?

2 Aug 08, 2007 00:57

Usually a thumbnail on the blog and a larger picture in a new window controlled by JavaScript. I think you'll find more on Google than on this forum, but you might take a look at the Plugins & Extensions section because there are quite a few plugins about showing pics and films.

Good luck

3 Aug 15, 2007 01:33

The only half-decent way to really "protect" your images is by watermarking. Then at least they'll have to somehow crop or get rid of it. Javascript type protection isn't effective because of the little PrtScrn key on your keyboard :)

4 Aug 15, 2007 01:43

Javascript protection is even less effective because of the "Tools \ Options \ Disable Javascript" option in your web browser ;)

And then there's always the "Tools \ Page Info \ Media" (firefox) route that allows you to save a picture regardless of any protection on it.

Basically, if it's being displayed in a browser, it can be saved, one way or another... you can even go dumpster-diving through your browser's cache and get it that way, if you really really really want that picture...

jj.

Form is loading...