Recent Topics

Hackathon

Started by on Aug 10, 2007 – Contents updated: Aug 10, 2007

Aug 10, 2007 00:32    

Me and EdB have been loving this idea for a while now.

It will be 3 days where everyone in the b2evo community jumps on board, and gets involved.

So people who can develop will be developing.
Other people can exchange thoughts, ideas, support with each other, or submit ideas questions to the devs. OR HOPEFULLY when you learn something, update the WIKI with what you have learnt!

It is a way to get a huge active involvement in a short time, so a lot of stuff can happen in a short time.

So by the end of it, lots of users will have a better knowledge of how to use b2evo, the wiki will be updated to satisfy everyone, and devs will of made great stuff, and got a lot of feedback on what the users want!

So yeah... Anyone who likes the idea posts here, and the best time for the hackathon to be held for you.

For me, anytime after the next month I am good.

Aug 10, 2007 03:05

Sounds like fun.
I have a dozen or so ideas and half worked out plans. Just released the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=12259]Chessboard render plugin[/url] which was a lot of fun and great learning by mistake.
There are bits and pieces left.

The WIKI needs some attention from all of us. One suggested making those movies, how are they called, for starters. That's great fun.

Aug 15, 2007 16:29

Great idea, maybe I could learn something!

When I saw the title I thought it would be about everybody trying to break into b2evo in order to find security flaws :)

Aug 15, 2007 18:21

Well which month(s) and week(s) in those months is everyone good for?

I'm good probably in December or January now that I think about it.

Aug 15, 2007 18:39

balupton wrote:

I'm good probably in December or January now that I think about it.

I though youth was meant to live for the moment? 8|

I really couldn't plan that far ahead, but the chances are that I'll be at my keyboard more in those months because it'll be bloody miserable outside ;)

¥

Aug 15, 2007 18:56

¥åßßå wrote:

I though youth was meant to live for the moment? 8|

If you say so.

¥åßßå wrote:

in those months because it'll be bloody miserable outside ;)

Your in england, it's always miserable outside...

:o ;)

Aug 15, 2007 19:14

balupton wrote:

¥åßßå wrote:

in those months because it'll be bloody miserable outside ;)

Your in england, it's always miserable outside...

:o ;)

lol, true ;)

¥

Aug 15, 2007 19:38

As it looks I can arrange any weekend in dec/jan. I need to know the exact weekend up front though. The sooner the better, it's a first come first served issue. ;)

ƒ

Sep 18, 2007 00:48

For anyone that cares, next week I have some time to hold a vista remote conference so people can see how to make plugins, or see me work on mine...

It will be on either the 25th or 26th or the 27th. Your pick.

Continue the discussion of this on it's facebook page here http://curtinedu.facebook.com/event.php?eid=5620924675


Form is loading...

b2evolution CMS – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.