Recent Topics

1 Aug 31, 2007 09:51    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi, I have the blog running on a already existing main site to compliment it, what I was wondering is it possible to paste a little snipplet of code into the main page of the main site, that would post the latest post of the blog in it, so basically I would have a little section on the mainpage of mainsite that says, something like, Our latest blog entry, and within that would be the latest post I added to the blog, with a link underneath to the main page of the blog...it should be able to be done, I just don't know which part of the code to paste into main site.

Thx Digi

2 Aug 31, 2007 13:34

In the way you propose this there's one major obstacle: you'll need to integrate the main site into the blog.
But there's a work around: take a skin, either _rss or basic (I would prefer basic, but do take a look at _rss) and strip it down to the bare minimum (number of posts to be set in back office, how to set the number of words per post, see the _rss or ask again in this topic).
Make this a skin for the All Blog or your main blog, not visible in the skins list. You can do so by starting the skin's name by _ like skinname = _bareskin. You call the blog similar to: h"tp://www.yourblog/index.php?blog=2&skin=_bareskin.
When you've got what you want: a single post with only a clickable title and ten words of the post, you can embed this thingy as an <iframe> into your main site.

Good luck

Form is loading...