Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2007 15:39    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I have just installed b2evo on my website for the first time.
Everything looked fine, so I started changing the parameters to my taste, writing some posts and installing a new skin downloaded from b2evolution.net.

Now I noticed that in the sidebar, under the linkblog title, the blogA posts are displayed and not the linkblog posts!? I tried to change the skin, but the problem persisted.

Where do I start to find what went wrong?
I wouldn't like to reinstall everything from scratch.

jpgu.

2 Sep 27, 2007 22:52

Hi jpgu,
welcome to the forum.

The general idea is that every blog can act as a linkblog in another blog. Default however is blog #4, that is already named 'Linkblog'.
You can change the linkblog for a particular blog. Goto backoffice -> Blog settings -> Choose the blog you want to alter -> Display -> Default linkblog.

From here I cannot see what happened to your blog, but you may have accidentally changed this setting. There is no problem, however, you can simply change the correct setting back.

Good luck

3 Sep 28, 2007 09:50

As you say, I accidentally changed this setting. Everuthing is now again as it should be. The learning curve of b2evo is apparently steeper than what I thought:)

In this case I was mislead by the title "Linkblog", which I expected, while the posts were of blogA. Am I correct that the word "Linkblog" in the sidebar is somewhere hard coded? If that is the case, it is indeed misleading. I would expect there the Short Name or Long Name of the chosen Default Linkblog.

Thanks for your help.

Form is loading...