Recent Topics

1 Oct 14, 2007 14:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi!

I customized my b2evo 0.91 installation in many different ways. Is it a good idea to keep it running?

3 Oct 14, 2007 16:53

Beside the features: is it a security problem? Are there some fixes I need to implement?

4 Oct 14, 2007 18:29

Hi MarcDK,

There are minor security issues with the 0.9 branch but you are in serious trouble once the spammers find your site. Even we can't help you then.

I advise you to set a target in the near future and start upgrading your site. You can do so on a seperate install and once you're finished, it's D-day and you will do the database upgrade. You will have to choose if you go for the 1.10 mighty stable and well known by the most of us or the stable 2.0.2 where you will find we don't have all the answers to your questions (yet).

You will have to redo your skin and make an inventarisation of all your tweaks. You will find there are a tremendous lot of solutions for funny things available, especially in 1.10.

Good luck

5 Oct 14, 2007 22:40

What do you mean with "minor issues"? I don't want to switch and I eleminated the spam problem with the "turing test". No spam since one year with 1,1 Million Hits and 50k visitors every month. So, can I patch these issues?

6 Oct 14, 2007 22:54

MarcDK wrote:

What do you mean with "minor issues"? I don't want to switch and I eleminated the spam problem with the "turing test". No spam since one year with 1,1 Million Hits and 50k visitors every month. So, can I patch these issues?

Reported was an issue with the MT importer and the /install folder in general. You can remove them if you haven't done already.

Good luck

Form is loading...