Recent Topics

1 Nov 28, 2007 18:44    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

How do I keep postings (blogs, whatever you want to call it) from appearing on the home page (default blog page, whatever you call it)?

All I want to display on the home page is one post that never archives. All new posts into other blog areas should just display in that area, not on the home page.

How can I accomplish this - this seems like how the program should have been written to begin with!

I'm going to look at the actuall database and see if I can't reprogram something - but if anyone has a quick fix, please let me know.

2 Nov 28, 2007 21:01

The first blog is the All Blog, used to aggregate all posts from every blog. Just make the second blog your first to display (default blog) and disable the #1 blog from the blogroll. You can do all that in the backoffice without hacking any files.
The All blog is not meant to show in public but for your convenience as Admin.

Good luck

3 Nov 29, 2007 00:06

Afwas wrote:

... The All blog is not meant to show in public but for your convenience as Admin.

While the general thrust of your reply is spot-on (don't user blog #1 if you don't like it being an aggregator blog), I must disagree with this statement. In pre-2.* versions, blog #1 most certainly WAS intended to be publicly visible. Note that in prior versions it was the default blog upon installation!

All of my installations use blog #1 as a publicly visible main page blog. Many people don't like this, but it said very clearly in the long description of that blog that it was an aggregator blog. Most people don't read it though ;)

----------------------

I'm bummed that when I upgraded to 2.* I had to tell it to aggregate all blogs into blog #1. Given that I was upgrading and all prior versions had this behavior it seems illogical to me to NOT make the assumption that the blog is set up this way.

4 Nov 29, 2007 00:50

You have a long description? :O

The homepage of my tacky lil pad is also an aggregator ... after having gone through the same "bugger, it's no longer an aggregator in 2.x.x" :-/

¥

5 Nov 30, 2007 11:38

noodles wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Since you had the question, I'm pretty sure you are using 1.10.x ?
In 2.1 this is solved.

noodles wrote:

All I want to display on the home page is one post that never archives. All new posts into other blog areas should just display in that area, not on the home page.

The homepage, blog 1 is not designed to do that, so, just don't use blog 1 for that purpose.

noodles wrote:

How can I accomplish this - this seems like how the program should have been written to begin with!

No, that is not true. There are pro's and con's on how it is working in the 1.10 releases. And I'm very happy with it.

BUt since there are also con's , that is why we changed it in the 2.x releases. From 2.x on you can define in each blog, whitch blog they should aggragate.

noodles wrote:

I'm going to look at the actuall database and see if I can't reprogram something - but if anyone has a quick fix, please let me know.

Don't do that, just switch to 2.1

Form is loading...