Recent Topics

1 Nov 30, 2007 16:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hey, I the one that needed serious help getting my blogs set up about a month ago. I want to add a new user and blog... how do I do that and how do i link it to everyone elses

2 Dec 01, 2007 00:29

Hi c93,

I won't help you unless you change the title of this post to something that reflects the issue. 'Please help' or anything similar simply annoys me.

Whilst you think of a nice title, read the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Main_Page]Docs[/url]. Especially the section "Manage users for your blog" might give you some inspiration.

Good luck

3 Dec 01, 2007 00:42

Afwas wrote:

Hi c93,

I won't help you unless you change the title of this post to something that reflects the issue. 'Please help' or anything similar simply annoys me.

AT LEAST ITS NOT AN AOL USER POST HUH? ;)

¥

4 Dec 01, 2007 06:56

it may as well be an aoler post. I have to concur with afwas -- I believe it's been made clear that we expect more 'articulate' titles, and I thought about deleting this thread outright.

In lieu of that.. a new title is in order. c93, as the thread starter you can click that box in the upper right hand corner of your post that says "EDIT" and change the title to something more intelligent.

If you dont, or wont, this thread will be deleted.

I dont think we need to be need "thread police" but "help again" is about as fricking lazy a title as one can get, short of only the obvious "help".

5 Dec 01, 2007 12:58

whoo wrote:

it may as well be an aoler post.

I believe there is nothing wrong with c93. I helped him before and he is as friendly as any other human being. He just needs to learn to write titles for posts.

6 Dec 01, 2007 16:41

this will be my last post on this forum. All I wanted was a little help because I'm completely new to all of this. I've been insulted the whole time I've been on this thread. Like I'm not as good as everyone else. It's so stupid. Delete the thread, I dont' care-all I wanted was a little help trying to make my website a little better.

7 Dec 01, 2007 17:03

Hi c93,

You're not being insulted, we just ask you and any other forum member to make the post title somewhat descriptive.
Apart from that I think I answered most of your question by pointing to the docs.

Good luck

8 Dec 01, 2007 19:50

c93 wrote:

this will be my last post on this forum. All I wanted was a little help because I'm completely new to all of this. I've been insulted the whole time I've been on this thread. Like I'm not as good as everyone else. It's so stupid. Delete the thread, I dont' care-all I wanted was a little help trying to make my website a little better.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but if Afwas hadn't have replied to this thread then I personally would have totally ignored it because the title was so *generic*, would you rather be ignored or ribbed? ;)

The titles of your posts help other users who have a similar problem to you find solutions easier.

You got ribbed in good humour for having such a crap title, be honest, take a look at your title and say it doesn't deserve it :roll:

None of it was malicious or harmful, either get over it or move on.

¥

9 Dec 01, 2007 21:25

I'd say the users plugin was a bit of a ride eh?

All you gotta do is click "add user" on the users tab. No matter what version it's always been that easy.

But yeah "please help" is a useless title.

10 Dec 02, 2007 19:03

All I wanted was a little help because I'm completely new to all of this. I've been insulted the whole time I've been on this thread. Like I'm not as good as everyone else. It's so stupid. Delete the thread, I dont' care-all I wanted was a little help trying to make my website a little better.

I will respectfully submit that the newness that you speak of has nothing to do with what was said about the title you chose. I dont want to belabor additonal discussion about this except to say that a quick look at your other posts indicates you do have the ability to come up with more info that was provided here. You merely chose not to be so descriptive this time around.

Lastly, Understand, if you will, that others come after you, and that they are helped by having titles that are meaningful. Additionally, it helps the ppl that help you if they dont have to click through links and can just know with one glance whether or not tey can add something useful to the thread.

You want help, and the ppl here want to help -- but it is a 2 way street. We dont ask for things for the sake of asking for them -- we ask because they help US.

11 Dec 02, 2007 22:43

I'll add one more thing to the idea of "give us good information so we can give you good answers": the more you give the more you get, unless you give a link that shows you took out the linkback ;)

c93 has had ample opportunity to correct the undesirable aspects of this post and has chosen to not do that. c93 has also been given an answer and has seen fit to not respond appropriately. c93 is a PERFECT example of why it sometimes sucks to take the time to answer questions.

whoo how about we lock this and keep it as an example of what not to do when you have an issue that needs resolution?

12 Dec 02, 2007 23:09

EdB wrote:

why it sometimes sucks to take the time to answer questions.

:(

¥

Form is loading...