Recent Topics

1 Dec 10, 2007 22:43    

I am using the Adsense and Amazon plugins without any issues. However, when I installed the Digg plugin and use it in conjunction with the Adsense and Amazon plugins my browser locks up.

Any idea why?

PS. I uninstalled and reinstalled b2Evo with Fantastico and it is still locking up.

2 Dec 11, 2007 02:38

Which Digg plugin were you using? There are two.

3 Dec 11, 2007 02:49

Balupton's Digg Plugin

Though I don't think it matters now. It seems that I can no longer obtain evoAmazon; the site is dead.

4 Dec 11, 2007 03:03

You can download the evo_amazon plugin (and some others) here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=160495

I don't think balupton has upgraded his plugins to work with 2.2 yet. The other Digg plugin is also on astonishme.co.uk. I'll talk to YaBBa tomorrow and see why his server is down. Here's the listing for it: http://plugins.b2evolution.net/index.php/2007/02/12/astonishme_digg_plugin

If astonishme isn't back up tomorrow, reply again and remind me and I'll find a zip file to send you.

Note to self: Add am_digg to sourceforge.

5 Dec 11, 2007 03:12

Will do.

Thanks.

6 Dec 11, 2007 08:05

A new development.

Now I can't figure out if it's actually the Digg plugin. It seems to be having an issue when I use the Amazon, Adsense and Digg plugin in a post.

When I remove the Digg plugin it the post works just fine and my browser no longer locks up, but, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem with the Digg plugin.

8 Dec 11, 2007 18:15

The Digg button doesn't appear when I go to write a post.

9 Dec 11, 2007 18:19

My version of the digg plugin doesn't have a button. Check the README file for instructions.

10 Dec 11, 2007 18:38

I'm reading the instructions now and it's way over my head.

11 Dec 11, 2007 18:41

Now that you mention it, that readme does need to be fleshed out a bit. The key to using it is this:

Make sure you're using the expert mode on the write screen.
Look in the "Text Renderers" section in the lower left and check the box next to "Digg."
Save your post.

That should add the digg button to your post.

12 Dec 11, 2007 18:44

Hey, my digg plugin is still yet to be updated for b2evo v2, as with most of my plugins. But the problem you are experiencing is due to the scriptaculous library that it uses. I am porting over all my plugins to the jQuery library ever so slowly. But give me time. Hopefully they should all be ported over sometime within january.

13 Dec 11, 2007 18:52

personman wrote:

Now that you mention it, that readme does need to be fleshed out a bit. The key to using it is this:

Make sure you're using the expert mode on the write screen.
Look in the "Text Renderers" section in the lower left and check the box next to "Digg."
Save your post.

That should add the digg button to your post.

I guess I should mention that I am using 1.10.2. I have the checkbox checked and done a test post.

Still nothing. I'm assuming that I am not doing something right.

14 Dec 11, 2007 18:53

balupton wrote:

Hey, my digg plugin is still yet to be updated for b2evo v2, as with most of my plugins. But the problem you are experiencing is due to the scriptaculous library that it uses. I am porting over all my plugins to the jQuery library ever so slowly. But give me time. Hopefully they should all be ported over sometime within january.

I'm not in any rush. So far this is the easiest blogging program that I have used.

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out the basics on my own.

15 Dec 11, 2007 19:02

Steve,
I'm using it on 1.10 and it works ok for me. Check your plugin settings and make sure that "Digg button placement" is set to bottom or top. If you do "Manual" then you have to edit the skin to display the button.

16 Dec 11, 2007 19:05

personman wrote:

Steve,
I'm using it on 1.10 and it works ok for me. Check your plugin settings and make sure that "Digg button placement" is set to bottom or top. If you do "Manual" then you have to edit the skin to display the button.

Woot! That did it!

Thanks! Now I can get to blogging.

Form is loading...