Recent Topics

1 Dec 10, 2007 21:54    

hi / i've installed the TinyMCE plugin which looks nice, but when i post the piece i have faithfully written, the following error message shows:

Tag <span> may not have attribute style
Parser error: Mismatched tag near p><p> </p><ul><li> numbere

Cannot post, please correct these errors:

Parser error: Mismatched tag near p><p> </p><ul><li> numbere

AND IT DOES NOT POST

somebody can give me an idea what's wrong?
would be cool
thanks

cris[/b]

2 Dec 12, 2007 16:28

Hi crisrieder,

wich version of b2evolution are you using ?
and what version of TinyMCE have you installed ?

my noose tell me that these error are related to the fact
that you maybe copy/pasted text from a web page or something similar and b2evolution is only doing his job :

He won't let you post deprecated or wrong code in your post.

Am 'I wrong ?

IF you did that, there is a simple solution :

copy the text from the webpage, paste it on notepad or wordpad or any simple text editor, then copy it again from the text file and paste it to your blog post, check formating and you're done, it should work !

3 Dec 12, 2007 16:38

hey buzzworkers thanks for your reply

but the error occures when i simply type some text and do some simple formatting

so ??????

4 Dec 13, 2007 11:50

Please, your version of b2evolution is very important in solving problems.

Try searching these forums for "use_html_checker" and basically turn that feature off. For some reason b2evolution isn't allowing that tag to have that attribute. I'm quite sure it's for security because it is obviously not for validation reasons, but there is a way you can turn it off if you want.

Come to think of it, searching for something like "add style span attribute" might show you exactly how to allow that attribute on that tag. I'm sure it's been covered, and done, but it's not easy! Turning off html_checker is much easier.

Good luck with it!

5 Dec 17, 2007 20:32

I'm also facing this problem sometimes. Most of the are easily solved removing extra spaces AFTER the last letter of the text.
Sometimes is really a non-permitted tag or attribute. So I have to give up OR find alternatives. Sometimes I have to call the html editor and edit it.

I'm trying the last version of TinyMCE (0.6 i guess) but to no avail.
I can manage this, but it's surely annoying.
If I find out a solution, I'll tell you.

Regards

Form is loading...