Recent Topics

1 Jan 13, 2008 11:05    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all --

I will be using b2e on my VPS, which hosts multi-domains but all of them controlled/admin'd exclusively by me. I am a linux/server/php/b2e newbie and seek advice regarding php/cgi support that I ought to set up on domains that will host b2e blogs -- I've put in a few hours poking around the 'net to gain at least an overview understanding of some things, and intend to keep learning ... but need to set up one blog asap and would love some advice from folks with a stronger understanding of these things than I possess at this point:

php safe_mode on or off? I understand that leaving safe_mode off is a security risk on a shared server. But since all domains on my server are mine ...
[list]

• is it safe to turn safe_mode off if nobody else has admin access to this server?

• is it preferable or necessary to have safe_mode off in order to run b2e in an optimal environment?

• [/list:u]mod_fcgid?
    [list]

• is mod_fcgid support necessary for b2e to work properly? [/list:u]

• I really have tried to do my homework via web searches, b2e docs etc but any hits I've turned up are not written for the layperson. I configure domains on my VPS via Plesk and need to know before I create a domain for b2e whether I need safe_mode off, or mod_fcgid support enabled... so
    "TIA" to anyone who has an informed opinion on these two points they wish to share.

kazar

Form is loading...