Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2008 19:21    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I followed some directions...but didn't read the whole relevant wiki til now.

When I installed b2e (1.x), I deleted all the blogs other than blog all (they were causing trouble...what can I say)....now I see that was not a great idea, especially since I want to have a link sidebar.

Is there any way to add them back, short of reinstalling b2e?

2 Apr 04, 2008 19:31

You can create as many blogs as you want. So what you need to do is create a new blog to house all your current blog 1 posts ...... enable moving chapters in one of the conf files ( possibly /conf/_advanced.php ) and then move all your categories from your current blog 1 to the shiny new blog .... from there on all should be roses ... or summat ;)

¥

3 Apr 04, 2008 19:41

Well, that was my first thought, but the new blog is just that...a new blog. What drove me to this realization was that I wanted a linkblog...which I had deleted. Can I name a new blog the linkblog?

4 Apr 04, 2008 19:55

You can, but you'll still want to do the whole "and move all my posts off blog 1 onto a shiny new home" bit ;)

¥

5 Apr 04, 2008 20:03

Thanks. Do I need to worry about moving the images, or will those have an absolute path?

6 Apr 04, 2008 20:09

Your images are ( normally ) tied into the /media/ folder, so all should be roses :D

*disclaimer*
I'm blonde, it's late, it's been a tough day .... if your blog melts due to any advice I've given you then that's ..... urm ..... tough for you I suppose ... cos my blog will still work :D

If you do break any image paths then it's an easy fix ;)

¥

Form is loading...