Recent Topics

1 Apr 05, 2008 12:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.1

I was trying to format content and was disappointed that I can't use styles to colour text, I'm sure I'll find a way around it. I know that it would be a source of concern but hey it's my site so I'll be careful.

However I did find that I can use the html <table> tag, even though it is not in the options presented.

Hope this is intended and not a glitch.

Clearly poor use of the tag widths can make a page look ugly, but what else could go wrong?

EDIT

Very ugly I suppose if the width is 2 million ????

3 Apr 05, 2008 13:02

There is also a setting available that lets you do a lot more stuff. Users tab, then click the "Administrators" group and ... I forget if you check or uncheck but the text is pretty clear about css stuff so there you go.

I think the plugin makes it a lot easier, but I just now noticed a case where the plugin made the validator mad so I had to turn off (or on - whatever) one of the options for my group settings. That's really starting to get me down too. Like you, I'm my only blogger. I want valid XHTML transitional stuff and I don't want rules imposed because a mean user might do something mean. Because (repeat!) I'm my only blogger.

Anyway there is the plugin available for quick and easy coloring, and there is an option you can set or unset on your Group settings subtab.

4 Apr 05, 2008 13:17

Thanks John and Ed

I'll check out your help and get back here.

5 Apr 05, 2008 15:38

Ha! Its your plugin Ed

Thanks. Couldn't leave a comment on your blog?? But give it 5 stars

Thanks

amoun

6 Apr 05, 2008 20:57

amoun wrote:

... Couldn't leave a comment on your blog?? ...

Thanks for the compliment, but at the risk of going OT a bit: what prevented commenting? PM me if you'd rather keep the thread focused on the issue than go off topic with this yah?

7 Apr 19, 2008 06:43

EdB,

I'm still confused with the "group" setting permissions.

It sounds like the Blogging Permissions "force valid XHMTL + Strong Security and the Prevent Objects, and JavaScript, etc are only a concern if you have multiple bloggers. However, if I am the only guy using b2evolution, then I don't have to worry about this, right?

On a related story, I'm helping setting a web store and I need to use the <form> and <input> tags, would this be a concern? I mean - after I disable all the prevent settings?

I really want to keep all of the content inside b2evolution instead of creating static HTML pages.

Thoughts?

p.s. I also asked this question [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=73854#73854]over here[/url]

9 Apr 19, 2008 07:45

yeah, sorry about that.

I did a search on <form> and posted here... then I thought - um. I should check "ecommerce" and posted over there...

What is another double-posting among friends...

Form is loading...