Recent Topics

1 Apr 28, 2008 20:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have recently downloaded and installed b2evolution and am fed up with all the comments from the same people just with name changes and have looked through this forum but found nothing useful on setting a blog to not allow comments unless your signed in. How do you do this?

I'm very new to all this blog and web site design stuff so please be as simple as possible.

Thanks

2 Apr 28, 2008 21:48

From what I can see, it looks like you can only enable or disable comments. The registered members only setting is applied to the blog entry when you write your post (Protected (Members Only) radio button).

Personally I've never had any use for comments on blogs. Thats what message forums are for. If someone wants to offer their feedback they can email it.

MHO

3 Apr 29, 2008 01:48

Hi Mike251186. Depending on your version there is either a hack or plugin available for this. I'm pretty sure there is a plugin for v2.* and I know it was hacked many times for older versions. Give some time to searching the forums and you should be able to find it.

Question for ya: how do you know the comment is from the same person with a different name? I'm thinking "are you sure this is not spam" because if the clue is the URL they put on their comments then you should be using the antispam system to block them from ever posting that URL again.

If the comments truly actually are coming from the same person (person - not spambot) then what would stop them from registering and commenting then registering again and commenting? Other than it takes the cheap thrill away from them of course.

4 Apr 29, 2008 04:33

when I get the notification about a new comment that needs publishing it gives me their IP address, and on my last blog entry the person used their real name so I could tell their IP address was the same as another name which was used on a previous comment.

Also I contacted my host and had them look into it and so managed to get the persons IP range blocked. and to register on my blog I have it set to needs verification via email, although signup is currently disabled due to the fact I can't figure out how to allow users to register and only allow them to comment and not create blog entries, and also how to make my blog to only allow registered users to comment.

I am using the latest v2.

5 May 20, 2008 14:09

Mike251186 wrote:

when I get the notification about a new comment that needs publishing it gives me their IP address, and on my last blog entry the person used their real name so I could tell their IP address was the same as another name which was used on a previous comment.

Also I contacted my host and had them look into it and so managed to get the persons IP range blocked. and to register on my blog I have it set to needs verification via email, although signup is currently disabled due to the fact I can't figure out how to allow users to register and only allow them to comment and not create blog entries, and also how to make my blog to only allow registered users to comment.

I am using the latest v2.

Hi

Sorry for hijack the post, did you manage to get the above to work and how (only register users can post comments but everyone can see the posts)

Thanks

7 May 20, 2008 22:26

Hi

Thanks for the link, no it didn't work for me, I downloaded the file extracted and uploaded the full folder to the Plugins, but when I click in the Admin/ Global Settings/ Plugin Install / Install new. I get the error below.

"Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property am_extra_comment_plugin::$locales has no effect in /home/a2401651/public_html/b2/plugins/am_extra_comment_plugin/_am_extra_comment.plugin.php on line 196"

Thanks

8 May 21, 2008 13:40

No I have not been able to sort it out and as such I've stopped using my blog for quite some time, I actually forgot about it untill I got a email telling me about the reply to this thread here.

I've just tried the suggestion above but for some reason the plugin is not picked up by the blog, I have triple checked and the plugin is in the correct folder so I have no idea whats going on with that, since the blog settings show the other plugins.

Form is loading...