Recent Topics

1 May 01, 2008 05:48    

Hi,
Is this a bug???
I had a strange problem on my blog where a google ad (inserted with the adsense widget) got positioned in the middle of another post than it was intended for.

When I viewed my posts I had the google ad appearing in the middle of a picture in one of the posts. I could find nothing wrong with the post that was corrupted (I use Firefox 2.0.0.14). I then viewed the blog with IE and that's when I realized that the ad originated from another post further up on the page.

The google ad is slightly too wide to fit in the left column (I use a widened Nautica_1l skin - thus 2 columns).

So when using IE6 (sorry but that is corporate guidelines as my laptop belongs to my emplyeer) the too wide post gets extended to below where the right column no longer have any content then the ad gets displayed. But when viewing with firefox the posts gets packed together (that actually looks nicer) - the problem is that the google ad gets pushed down to another post and just pushed in where it fits. In my case that was in the middle of a picture in another post further down the page - quite confusing.

Problem solved - I removed the adsense entry from the small post on the top of the page - I assume the better solution would be to extend the left column so the adsense entry fits (or downsize the adsense).

In this case I would think it would be better if the post got extended so the adsense entry would fall below the right column also in firefox.

/Lars

2 May 01, 2008 05:59

As this is not a bug I've moved it to a more suitable forum.
Cheers

Form is loading...