Recent Topics

1 May 19, 2008 13:01    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi people, here i am with my debut public b2 skin, hope you will like it..

The most important feature of the skin is, you will not get any annoying horizontal toolbar even if you use 640*480 or 2560*1920..And yet the space proportions and the outlook will remain same..
It is also Xhtml and Css valid.

You can [url=http://www.tilqi.com/b2evo/]see it in action here[/url]

Any comments or criticism are welcomed, lastly a small screenshot

http://i31.tinypic.com/vem72a.jpg

and the skin [url=http://www.tilqi.com/assets/dark_contrast.rar]can be downloaded here[/url]

2 May 20, 2008 13:48

I like this dark design.
Did you test lightbox plugins with this skins ?

the logo on left seems to display better on white background.

3 May 20, 2008 14:15

slamp wrote:

I like this dark design.
Did you test lightbox plugins with this skins ?

the logo on left seems to display better on white background.

thank you slamp for your response, that was i was looking forward to, even if it was bad

not yet actually, i am excited about testing the jquery lightbox of Afwas entirely, but i couldnt have time to yet..
i didnt test the skin with white or any other colors, it was especially for that color close to black, it is listed under blue somehow (: All the visual stuff was great as pngs however as ie6 doesnt support png transparency i ve tried to preserve it as gifs amap..
i dont claim anything good for the skin it isnt customizable enough maybe but i wanted it to be fluid esp. as i hate resolution differences, may be i ll update it with better icons, more customizable and a more organized and filtered css later on

4 May 20, 2008 19:02

1) Your header image could do with being wider, at my res it almost looks like a logo ( nice image, but a tad narrow )

2) You might like you move the blog title into the header image ( harder to balance colours, but looks a tad "tacked on" at the moment )

3) You might like to add some margins to the page numbers at the bottom, they're a smidge tight against the borders at the moment

4) You'll be pleased to know that I like dark skins ;)

5) You may wish to re-read this feedback after learning that I've been granted the design sense of a blind guide dog :|

You can't help but have noticed that this was all about you ;)

¥

5 May 20, 2008 20:02

¥åßßå wrote:

1) Your header image could do with being wider, at my res it almost looks like a logo ( nice image, but a tad narrow )

yea but sometimes you have to make a decision, you will do it for the smart minority or the uhh.. let's call it ignorant majority using 1024, you wouldnt like to know how big it looks in 800, actually there is an alternate header image in the pack which is more universal but i ve liked this one better [/quote]

¥åßßå wrote:

2) You might like you move the blog title into the header image ( harder to balance colours, but looks a tad "tacked on" at the moment )

yep, some tweaks for the widgets would be nice.. especially blog tagline slides to right, but there are so many details you should consider when you dive into details, i ll consider them next time.. actually i meant to release a quickie, worked for in about 3 hours and it was ready basically but the minor adjustments take much time then the others so i had to give up somewhere (:

¥åßßå wrote:

3) You might like to add some margins to the page numbers at the bottom, they're a smidge tight against the borders at the moment

agreed, i already tried to add padding to the top and the bottom of page links but somehow it did not work so i gave up, but some letter spacing would be good for page links, you are right..
¥åßßå wrote:

4) You'll be pleased to know that I like dark skins ;)

yea i like them too, but white always wins as most of the pics and other multimedia has white background : P

¥åßßå wrote:

5) You may wish to re-read this feedback after learning that I've been granted the design sense of a blind guide dog :|

i like to hear from you and everybody else.. i dont mean anything special, it's just a regular skin but if people use/like it, i can make another release with some improvements later on. thank you all for your recommendations and feedback ;)

and one last thing, it's the tiniest detail but the most thing i like was that feedback icon which fits both with skin and b2 style (:

Form is loading...