Recent Topics

1 Jul 30, 2008 07:47    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I checked the docs and the faq section. Even did a search.

I found the tools -> Misc import section.

I checked the MT part where it says to place the .txt or /xml files in the /admin directory.

I didn't find any /admin directory/folder in my blog.

So where do I put the xml/txt file so the import utility can find it ?

Thank you.

3 Jul 30, 2008 08:18

I have b2evo 2.4.2 installed. The docs I read are the ones here.

I changed the wordpress xml file ending to txt.

The MT importer says it cannot read it.

The WP importer says 'WordPress database name is incorrect' but it is for wp 2.6, not 2.3.

I double checked the exported from phpmyadmin wordpress file, and I have the database name correct.

4 Jul 30, 2008 18:37

I have 2 small blogs, I can retype them.

But I have 2 very large blogs, the export file is over 2 megs. Being able to just import them would same me weeks of typing.

5 Jul 30, 2008 18:46

I've never import posts in b2evo from MT or Wordpress, try importers again or wait for somebody who knows how to help you.

Good luck

6 Oct 28, 2008 12:24

I haven't seen any updates on this for a few months and I want to move my files to b2e (latest release.) I have both a wordpress xml file export file and a wordpress database back up. What I am looking for is a way to import without having to go through MT, or if I need to run the database converter to go from wp2.6 to B2E.

Most of the responses here haven't been updated since July, and I am hoping to find some information that is more recent.

7 Nov 01, 2008 15:27

The Wordpress importer needs a database (not a SQL dump), it reads the posts directly from the Wordpress database. You have to fill in the MySQL user name etc. you use in your Wordpress installation (see the WP config file).

I'm not sure if the importer works with WP 2.6, though.

8 Nov 01, 2008 17:36

After much struggle with the importers and several blogging and CMS platforms I went back to WordPress. I was able to use an excellent plug-in to give me a simple interface to access MySQL and import the zip file of my WordPress database.

Someday, I may go to B2E, but there was no way I wanted to struggle anymore with saving my old posts. I had too many other sites linking to me and I was losing traffic.

I like the multi-blog feature, but I had no interest in starting all over from scratch.

9 Nov 27, 2008 21:37

Hum... Maybe we should upgrade the importer to wordpress 2.6 :)

Form is loading...