Recent Topics

1 Aug 28, 2008 06:56    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Any progress on the b2evolution development front? It's been a few months since we've had any front page news and I'm not subscribed to the development mailing list.

It would be nice to have a bit of idea what's going on since 2.4 stable. :)

2 Aug 28, 2008 07:13

There will be a 2.5 release. Development however is ongoing for a 3.0 release. I expect 2.5 to be a very limited (bugfix) release marking the end of the 2.x series.
There is never a date set for releases. They come 'when finished'. Especially 3.0 that will come with many new features isn't expected for some time.

Whatever I write about the state of development is pure speculation. Don't rely on it.

Good luck

3 Aug 28, 2008 11:20

Afwas wrote:

There will be a 2.5 release. Development however is ongoing for a 3.0 release. I expect 2.5 to be a very limited (bugfix) release marking the end of the 2.x series.
There is never a date set for releases. They come 'when finished'. Especially 3.0 that will come with many new features isn't expected for some time.

Whatever I write about the state of development is pure speculation. Don't rely on it.

Good luck

Glad to hear it. I'm perfectly happy with b2evolution 2.4 - it's as perfect a blogging system as I've used. I'm also glad b2evolution follows the "if it's not broken don't fix it" policy - something which has annoyed me with WordPress over the years as it got more bloated and developers need to release new versions just for the sake of it.

But hearing about new features in 3.0 is making me curious and eager. :D

4 Aug 28, 2008 17:42

harishankar wrote:

I'm also glad b2evolution follows the "if it's not broken don't fix it" policy

Bugger ... so, this is not a good time to tell you that 3.0 is gonna be called Steve Austin? We intend to break everything and then rebuild it :D

¥

5 Aug 28, 2008 19:23

¥åßßå wrote:

harishankar wrote:

I'm also glad b2evolution follows the "if it's not broken don't fix it" policy

Bugger ... so, this is not a good time to tell you that 3.0 is gonna be called Steve Austin? We intend to break everything and then rebuild it :D

¥

Be sure that I will be suitably stunned. :lol:

Form is loading...