Recent Topics

1 Sep 13, 2008 09:59    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello.

I have a new 2 versio of b2, and It is fantastic.
But now, "auto br" not run. The old post shows wrong.

Can somebody help me please?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my English.

2 Sep 13, 2008 13:30

Hi Aribal,

Try this checklist

1) Does the file /blogs/plugins/_auto_p.plugin.php exist?
2) Is the Auto P plugin installed in Global settings -> Plugins
3) In the post that renders wrong is the auto P plugin activated (menu 'Text renderers' when you edit the post)
4) Go to Tools -> Misc -> click the link 'Delete prerendered item cache.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

4 Sep 14, 2008 11:12

But is the little checkbox for auto-p checked when you click on 'edit' for that post in your admin area?

hmmm... seems to me I went through a big ugly with auto-p. Like, ALL my older posts didn't auto-p. I forget what version upgrade I did at the time though. Try clearing the pre-rendered cache because it is magical and has winged unicorns and stuff. Tools -> misc subtab is where you find it. I vaguely recall editing a bunch of posts and getting really mad and figuring out how to do the deed in one shot using phpmyadmin, but I've no more memory than that. I'm using a flash drive for memory now, but it is like a 1K memory stick with half a meg of stupid games on it so ... yeah ... total fail frequently.

If the box is not checked you gotta check it and save the edit.

5 Sep 14, 2008 11:27

>But is the little checkbox for auto-p checked when you click on 'edit' for that post in your admin area?

Yes, of course

> hmmm... seems to me I went through a big ugly with auto-p. Like, ALL my older posts didn't auto-p. I forget what version upgrade I did at the time though.

"Auto p" neither works in the new post. Now, I write <br />

>Try clearing the pre-rendered cache because it is magical and has winged unicorns and stuff. Tools -> misc subtab is where you find it.
I did it

Thanks

6 Sep 14, 2008 11:35

I think (sure) it is a theme problem.

I have chosen other theme and run fine.

Now, that is a big problem for me...

7 Sep 14, 2008 11:41

Wow that's freakin odd. But hey the world is full of odd so there you go.

What skin can you use that works, and what is the name of the skin you are using that doesn't work? Can you provide a screen shot of another skin doing the same post properly? Afwas is the resident expert on skin issues, though tilqicom actually tells Afwas what to write after consultation with sam2kb. So let's hope Afwas jumps back in here ... though it might take some time for his handlers to prep him.

9 Sep 14, 2008 12:13

Your skin is calling style.css twice ;)

Add this to the bottom of style.css:

.bText p{
margin:1em 0;
}

¥

11 Sep 14, 2008 12:28

¥åßßå we need to talk. There are a couple of rules around here. Rule #1 is that you get one sentence. Rule #2 is that you have no clue about artistic expression. Rule #3 is that if you use more than one sentence AND your multi-sentence reply to a thread regarding artistic expression is completely 100% spot-on accurate then I am obligated to reply with rules one through seven.

Aw crap. Rules four through seven are ... uh ... uh ... always listen to [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1511]¥åßßå[/url], always listen to [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1511]¥åßßå[/url], always listen to [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1511]¥åßßå[/url], and (seventh but certainly not least) always listen to [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=272]EdB[/url].

;) :D

EDIT: Anibal your visitors might take a while to see the corrective changes take place. Style sheets tend to cache, so for me to see it work I had to to a "control plus F5". Anyway yeah it works and congratulations and hooray for the forum player who's name no one can spell without copying it from elsewhere.

13 Sep 14, 2008 13:06

I am very sorry. My English is too poor and I can't understand your messages.
Seems there is something I am doing bad when I write here.

14 Sep 14, 2008 13:24

Anibal you are doing perfectly fine! As you may already know, when English speakers play in an English language forum, we tend to go "off topic" a little bit.

You, kind friend, are doing nothing "bad" when you post your issues and concerns and needs here.

Those of us who play here often tend to kid around with each other as often as we try to answer questions. So let me ask you a very important question: is your problem solved? I am very certain that your problem has been solved with the info provided by ¥åßßå, but I offered "not good" information. Therefore, being American, I decided to pick on ¥åßßå for having the good answer.

It's all fun is the thing. Blogging should be fun. Being on a forum should be fun. Having sex with your neighbor's wife while your neighbor is busy trying to earn enough money to pay for the kid's dental work should be fun. It's all about the fun, so in that regard I picked on ¥åßßå a wee bit.

Hopefully all your problems are solved at this point. IF you still have issues please share them here and we will try to solve them. We might go "off topic" a bit, but for sure we will try to solve them.

15 Sep 14, 2008 19:08

EdB wrote:

You, kind friend, are doing nothing "bad" when you post your issues and concerns and needs here.

Uff! ;)

EdB wrote:

Having sex with your neighbor's wife while your neighbor is busy trying to earn enough money to pay for the kid's dental work should be fun.

We will ask the neighbor if it is fun :D

EdB wrote:

Hopefully all your problems are solved at this point. IF you still have issues please share them here and we will try to solve them. We might go "off topic" a bit, but for sure we will try to solve them.

I use b2 since 2004 and every day I love it more. I will continue coming here, of course.

Thanks again

16 Sep 15, 2008 07:54

There must have been a great disturbance in the force. Over the past few days, I have had the very wierd coincidence of several persons ,whom I had assisted in classes a while ago, who reported to me that they had just lost auto-p. These were three people, unrelated to each other in current locations or in the time frame of getting set up on B2 by me, who had university blogs from over a year ago (still with versions 10.1 and 10.3), I really was stumped and so I went in and just removed and reactivated the auto-p plugin and did that opt choice to "always." It fixed all of them and now they are happy. This just happened over the past two days. They wondered... and I just said... what a bizarre coincidence, I don't know how that could have happened... all said they never messed with a plugin panel.

So, then I poked my head in here for a quick read... and see this thread. Goodness.. all I could think of was Darth Vadar. I have made a note of that ¥åßßå fix... for future force disturbances.

17 Sep 15, 2008 10:38

EdB wrote:

Therefore, being American, I decided to pick on ¥åßßå for having the good answer.

A real American would have bombed me :|

¥

Form is loading...