Recent Topics

1 Sep 18, 2008 21:58    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I just upgraded to 2.4 and my old skin that I customized does not seem to work.

I get the following error...

The skin [wpc_default] set for blog [DHP Blog] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

2 Sep 18, 2008 22:05

Hi hursey. Welcome to the forums!

All skins that used to work don't. That is one of the things that changed with the upgrade to v2.* or thereabouts.

AFAIK no one has upgraded any of the WPC skins for v2.* but I could be wrong. I would suggest one of two courses of action at this point. One is that you select a v2.* skin and either be happy with it or dial it to suit your tastes. Two is that you do a fair amount of research and upgrade your existing skin to match the v2.* world. I do believe that Afwas has provided an outline for upgrading here in the forums, but I could be wrong. I'm also reasonably "wrong or right" that there is a page about this topic in the manual. See the "Docs" link above for the online manual ... and let's hope I'm right about it having something you need.

3 Sep 19, 2008 21:33

Hi EdB,

Thanks for the "Welcome" and thanks for the feedback. When looking at the documentation, there actually was a section on upgrading old skins, but by the time you do it all one could have (and this one did) just re-conform a new skin. I am happier with the results, but just did not want to have to devote a whole day to it.. oh well!

Form is loading...