Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2008 20:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm new to b2evolution and have version 2.4.2 installed. I was trying to create a new skin by modifying the images, background, etc. from the evocamp skin and succeeded in doing so.

However, I did a dummy move and deleted the posts and blogs I did not need. I happened to read this after the fact: http://manual.b2evolution.net/Sample/example_blogs

Now I see a default page saying I haven't set a default blog. I tried going into the admin section>Blog Settings>URLs and changing the Blog Base URL to Default blog in index.php but that did not work because after saving it the URL would go back to http://www.website.com/example/index.php?blog=2
I even tried to enter an absolute URL but that doesn't work either. In Global Settings>General>Display Options, is says No Blog and in the drop down does not have the other blog I want to display.

I'm assuming I have one of two options. One and probably easier than the second option that I'm doing now would be to reinstall everything and not delete anything or two go into the SQL database and search for a way to make the blog value 0 instead of 2. Does anyone know where to look in SQL to solve that or another option besides reinstalling? Thanks!

2 Sep 27, 2008 20:54

welcome to the forums AdobeMX..

if you have deleted all of your 4 sample blogs, ofc b2 would not be able to show any.. So go to your Admin > Dashboard > Global you will see a "new blog" option on the right, click and create a new blog

4 Sep 28, 2008 00:17

so you go to admin > global settings > "Default blog to display:" select that blog from the drop down money and it still does not display ?

5 Sep 28, 2008 01:41

It doesn't show up at all. It says "No Blog". I don't get it but I guess I deleted something important. I'm still playing around with the skin so once I finish I think I'll reinstall everything and deprecate the blogs I don't want to display. I hope I don't run into a problem with that :D

Form is loading...