Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2008 05:57    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi, is there a way to change the widgets on the single post pages, so they differ from the main blog page?

Thx Digi

2 Sep 27, 2008 13:25

Yup!

So check out how evopress uses a different file to make the single post pages. No sidebar is the kicker there, but using the same method means you can have a sidebar with a different style called for the widgets contained.

Sorry but I don't have code handy.

3 Sep 28, 2008 06:53

Well I am completely lost on what you said, besides the fact that it is possible. Can you please be a little more descriptive?

Thx Digi :)

4 Sep 28, 2008 17:42

which skin are you using ?
in your skin file if you have posts.main.php, and single.main.php it means you have 2 different display handlers for both single and main mode this way you can have 2 different views modifying these files seperately..

you see;

<?php
		// ------------------------- "Sidebar" CONTAINER EMBEDDED HERE --------------------------
		// Display container contents:
		skin_container( NT_('Sidebar'), array(......

that is a container.. so supposingly, you can add the "widget container1, widget container2,widget container3" to the posts.main.php and let's say widget container 4 and 5 to the single.main.php, i hope that's clear enough

5 Sep 30, 2008 01:03

Hi, thx for the reply, I am using the purple beauty skin and I don't see the posts.main.php, and single.main.php only index.main.php...so is it still possible?

Thx Digi

6 Sep 30, 2008 01:10

yea that skin doesnt have.. of course you can, just duplicate the index.main.php, then rename the new ones as posts.main.php, single.main.php, page.main.php and modify each as you wish

7 Sep 30, 2008 04:32

Thx, so I duplicate 3 times then rename to posts.main.php, single.main.php, page.main.php Now do I have to modify all three or just the single.main.php, and as far as the widgets go will that page now be in the admin section for widgets or will I have to add the code for each widget manually?

Thx Digi

8 Sep 30, 2008 05:16

firstly duplicate&rename the one you need, you dont have to duplicate it 3 times and rename all

let me put it this way - opens up the purple_beauty rar file-

scenario:

supposingly you want to display different widgets only in the single mode, but you dont want the default ones in the index.main to be displayed

assuming you have duplicated the index.main php and renamed it to single.main.php,

now you check your file for containers, you will see

<?php
		// ------------------------- "Header" CONTAINER EMBEDDED HERE --------------------------
		// Display container and contents:
		skin_container( NT_('Header'), array(
				// The following params will be used as defaults for widgets included in this container:
				'block_start'       => '<div class="$wi_class$">',
				'block_end'         => '</div>',
				'block_title_start' => '<h1>',
				'block_title_end'   => '</h1>',
			) );
		// ----------------------------- END OF "Header" CONTAINER -----------------------------
	?>

and 5 of this one as 'Page Top', sidebar, sidebar2 and footer..

now remove if you dont want any of these to be displayed in the single mode..

now add your own.. copy&paste one of the containers which fits you best, you can customize it by values such as

'block_display_title' => false,

etc etc..

Rename the skin_container( NT_('Header') to sth new like skin_container( NT_('newcontainer')

now reload your skin from skin panel you will see the 'newcontainer' there.. it will only display in the single post mode..

i hope that's enough for you to work out the rest , good luck

9 Sep 30, 2008 06:17

Thanku very much for your time and effort, I will give this a go, and see what kinda damage I can do :)

10 Sep 30, 2008 23:02

I have got it up and working, works like a charm:)

Form is loading...