Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2008 21:05    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have tried several times to upgrade to the most recent version and it is not working. Too many errors to even think about. Do you install upgrades for a fee? I have tried six times with no luck.

Thanks

2 Sep 27, 2008 23:19

i see lots of moderators and a few admins but no one replying... :?:

4 Sep 27, 2008 23:49

Tblue wrote:

Hello LiveFree,

what's the exact error? Without a specific error it's hard to help you.

You may also look at http://b2evolution.net/about/professionals.php.

I dont know the error. There were too many so, I just deleted the upgrade and restored the old version.

Thanks, Ill check out the pros to solve this.

5 Sep 27, 2008 23:52

So what version is the "old" one?

6 Sep 27, 2008 23:54

John wrote:

So what version is the "old" one?

2.4.0-rc2

8 Sep 28, 2008 00:36

LiveFree wrote:

i see lots of moderators and a few admins but no one replying... :?:

Two hours and fourteen minutes go by and you for some reason feel dissed because a reply hasn't happened? Whatever. Seems like John is willing to tolerate repeating the answer(s) to a question that has been asked a hundred times by people unwilling to do even the tiniest bit of research before giving the world two hours and fourteen minutes to serve them.

:roll:

9 Sep 28, 2008 00:37

John wrote:

Well, the upgrade for 2.4 versions is as simple as it gets.
Read the instructions here...
http://b2evolution.net/downloads/index.html
You either replace the changed files or you run the upgrade script and follow the prompts.

So I can upgrade from 2.4.0 right to 2.4.5 without any problems because that is what I tried and it did not work.

10 Sep 28, 2008 01:12

Yep....
Here's a tip, though without details of the errors it may / may not apply.

Make sure that your original _basic_config.php file ( in the conf folder ) is either not replaced, or if it is, then edit the details in it of your password etc etc.

Good luck.

11 Sep 28, 2008 01:32

John wrote:

Yep....
Here's a tip, though without details of the errors it may / may not apply.

Make sure that your original _basic_config.php file ( in the conf folder ) is either not replaced, or if it is, then edit the details in it of your password etc etc.

Good luck.

Ok, I will try agian and post the details here .

12 Sep 28, 2008 02:09

ok,
this time it worked. I was following other instructions that did not talk about the basic congifg file. That is what the difference was and the problem was.

Form is loading...