Recent Topics

1 Oct 12, 2008 18:16    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I dont even know which version I was using, I just saw it was outdated and clicked on the dreaded "UPGRADE" button!

Now I dont have a way to go to the backend no matter which page I try to bring up , login, admin, write a post, edit an existing post... It just wont come up!

I get an "500 Internal Server error"

I'm now running v 2.4.2

Whats weird though is that I can still see my posts on my index page, so at least I know thats still there...

Any ideas?

2 Oct 13, 2008 06:38

i hope you had a backup, (you had one right ?) unless you hadn't it seems this will teach you a serious lesson about backup habits :|

just not to leave you with no response, i may suggest you take a look into your config files.. your baseurl , your db information and stuff like that.. as during the update many files may need to be re-modified after being overwritten by the update script..

*if you have a backup, you dont need to worry about anything, you can easily try recovering the update or rollback to the previous version

3 Oct 19, 2008 19:59

Word from experience here- I always find it was best to do upgrades and updates manually vs. Fantastico - I lost an install of B2Evo back in the 0.92 days for just this kind of reason and having no relevant knowledge of MySQL I lost a year of posts.

4 Oct 20, 2008 02:06

If you don't have a backup ask your host. Mosts hosts back up your files once a day. Since they offer Fantastico, they will help you in this case.

Form is loading...