Recent Topics

1 Oct 30, 2008 17:42    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I upgraded from 1.10 to 2.4.5 last week and added the XML Feed widget to my sidebar. Only thing is that there's no links to any feeds, only a link to the "What's is RSS?" page. As far as I can tell my feeds are still running, but I'm looking to add the four links to different feeds like in my prior version. Can anyone tell me what I'm failing to do to make those feeds appear?

2 Nov 02, 2008 06:18

I am having the same issue. Any assistance would be appreciated, even if it is just a suggestion on where to start looking. The blog I upgraded is http://melissaolson.net/blog/

3 Nov 02, 2008 06:53

In Global settings > Skins install check if there any feed skin installed. If not install both RSS and Atom

4 Nov 02, 2008 07:23

sam2kb wrote:

In Global settings > Skins install check if there any feed skin installed. If not install both RSS and Atom

Thank you. This totally resolved my issue. The descriptors of the feeds look a bit off, but I think I can tweak that in to working properly. Thanks again for the help. I was scratching my head for a while on thone.

Thanks again,

Yoursker

6 Nov 04, 2008 17:03

Thank you! This does fix the issue. I would have never figured it out.

7 Nov 30, 2008 20:32

Thanks - I had same problem upon upgrade from 1.x!

This is a confusing fix - and would be good to have in FAQ or upgrade instructions.

I am very happy with 2.4.2 now - only remaining issues (minor) for me:

1) How to get number times read in the comment header which was there in many 1.x skins?

2) How to get a list of skins so that users can customize other than making a skin 'RSS' which adds them to XML feeds list?

-- Mark Disko :D

8 Dec 02, 2008 16:44

1) search, it's been answered loads of times
2) urm, lost me? if a user/group has access to edit skins they can edit any skin

¥

9 Dec 03, 2008 03:46

Thank you ....

1) I did some searching but it did not show-up. I found the snip of code commented-out in "custom" skin and the "views" show just fine now.

2) What I recall in the old 1.x skins (at lease a few such as custom) was a list of "skins" so that users could select viewing skin for page. After having spent more times with widgets, I can see this may be a problem since all skins to do not have some screen parts (e.g. footer). All do have a sidebar, so should be OK to place a skin list there and avoid using footer.

I can see that any "admin" user can change skins from the back-office.

This is a minor need, and so unless there is a simple way to add a list of available skins, I'll just forget about it.

Mark

Form is loading...