Recent Topics

1 Jun 30, 2004 22:09    

The new backoffice comes in 3 different flavours.

You can preview them here: http://b2evolution.net/demo/

Switch between the 3 admin styles and tell us which one should be the default.

Thanks! :)

2 Jun 30, 2004 22:35

can there be more variation between desert and variation? just the color of titles dosn't seem different enough.

3 Jun 30, 2004 22:49

offcourse that is not enough.. but for the moment we want to know which one is the best...

4 Jun 30, 2004 22:51

the buttons are different too

5 Jun 30, 2004 22:53

I just dig on it being skinnable. Legacy gives more real estate to function. The other two bar the bloglist is why. The one with red kinda stands out nicely.

I say ship it with a random function picking from whatever assortment pack y'all create.

6 Jun 30, 2004 23:05

Definitively Desert (I thought it meant "Default"). :D
I really like the main color theme in it, and the buttons are beautiful. But the blues stand too much apart from the rest of the theme, so I would have changed that to something else. (Maybe wine or a darker shade of red; dark burgundy perhaps?)

-Vegar

7 Jun 30, 2004 23:13

I like variation the best. The red highlights important things nicely.

8 Jun 30, 2004 23:28

just for the record i voted for variation. it's just that there is a large but very pleasing change from legacy to desert/variation. And very little between desert and variation.

My (very unimportant and easily ignored) opinion would be to choose a style for the default (either desert or variation) and ship with 2 choices.

10 Jul 01, 2004 00:05

I like the Desert (default) theme - it has nice non-disturbing colors, looks good. But it may be that it is too (how to say?) dull or calm - it is so grey, so silent that i may drag you into sleep.

(Imagine for a moment that this forum was all in just grays).

Legacy is also very good - i'd vote for both if i could.
Blog names being buttons - that is maybe nice, but the blue/grey boxes do not look well. Maybe some gradually shaded boxes, different color - something closer to the look of 'Save', 'Preview' buttons.

I do not like the blog list bar (in both themes) - and how the bar items change their color on mouse-over. Active blog name becomes ugly when the name is both underlined and bold. And inactive blog's box gets blue color - also unpleasant.

But blog bar can be improved - I vote for Desert.
Though it could use some of Variation's vivid colors. :)

11 Jul 01, 2004 06:40

I voted variation, but I think the var skin could use more prominent buttons.

12 Jul 02, 2004 01:18

i'm with captsolo.. desert it's too "desert".. what about "savannah" :)

in the other hand, what isaac said it's true, red titles highlight the important things.

So my vote goes to Variation.

Form is loading...