Recent Topics

1 Nov 08, 2008 17:27    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4 (not newest one)

Yesterday my blog worked fine. I have made no changes at all. Today I went to write something and I got an error. I get the same error trying to get to anything in Admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php on line 522

2 Nov 09, 2008 18:06

Today I tried and get a different error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/skins_adm/_adminUI_general.class.php on line 491

I remember I did make a blog skin change on 11/4, but was still able to edit and write after that... I will try changing the skin and see if I am able.

3 Nov 09, 2008 18:08

Nope, can't even get in to change the blog skin.

Hmmm.

4 Nov 09, 2008 18:14

Here is the file in question:

[ edited by whoo, problem fixed and I hate scroll. Please use the [code] tags instead of

when pasting code. ]

5 Nov 09, 2008 18:32

And now I've probably screwed it up even more. I made sure I had updated to the latest version (although the new files were not any I was having problems with). When that didn't help, I tried reverting the problem file back to an earlier version (2.4.2 I think) and that didn't work. So I deleted it entirely and reinstalled it. Still no go. Then I was getting an error with the evo or chicago skin, so deleted both of those (hoping it would automatically revert to one that was left) so now I am down to just the legacy skin and am getting these two errors:

Warning: require_once(/home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/skins_adm/legacy/../_adminUI_general.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/skins_adm/legacy/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/skins_adm/legacy/../_adminUI_general.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/skins_adm/legacy/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

I might as well leave it alone before I make it any worse. Although I think I will try to find a new upload client (am using FireFTP through Firefox).

6 Nov 09, 2008 18:41

Aaaaaaaaaand, it had to have been FireFTP. I used FileZilla to install the original 2.4.2 files and it worked fine, so now I will keep playing with it and see if I can get updated completely to 2.4.5.

7 Nov 09, 2008 23:45

Replace User And Reboot :D

¥

Form is loading...