Recent Topics

1 Nov 25, 2008 21:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi all,

I have a newbie question... I want to have a single jpeg banner across the top of the blog I'm designing. Currently the header section of the terafirma template consists of a widget (on the left hand side) and a jpeg placeholder (a10.jpg) on the right.

I want to know how to completely remove the widget part of it and then extend the size of the jpeg so it spans the width of the blog...

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Cheers,
R

2 Nov 27, 2008 17:09

I've looked at the header include but can't see where it sits within the code...

Should I just replace all the code with some html that refers to my banner?

Anyone?

3 Nov 27, 2008 17:44

To remove the widget code hit admin > blog settings > [blog] > widgets ... remove blog name/tagline widgets

To have a full size banner just upload it as a10.jpg

¥

4 Nov 28, 2008 21:08

¥åßßå wrote:

To remove the widget code hit admin > blog settings > [blog] > widgets ... remove blog name/tagline widgets

To have a full size banner just upload it as a10.jpg

¥

I've done that - by removing the widgets you just end up with an empty placeholder for where the widgets used to be - that's what I actually want to remove (sorry should have been more clear)...

So, do you know how to remove the actual widget placeholder on the left and then expand that for a10.jpg so it spans the width of the blog?

5 Dec 03, 2008 15:32

Its ok, done it.

I had to ammend 'pageheader' attributes in the css file. Basically reduced the height and width to 0px.

I then updated the 'splash#' width attribute which pushed a10.jpg over to the left.

A messy way to do things but job done nonetheless.

Form is loading...