Recent Topics

1 Nov 25, 2008 04:39    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello.

I've tested b2evo v.2.4.5 using purple_beauty skin for Blog A in IE6, IE7, FF2.0.x, and Opera so far. I've found a problem in IE6 and IE7. There are still A LOT of IE6 browsers being used so I want this skin to work for it as well.

When scrolling the Blog A page where all 6 postings are shown, when I get down to the bottom of the page at the footer, part of the content disappears leaving the mini-graphics (e.g. permalink, envelope, flag). If I move the page up a hair, the posts are re-displayed.

On a newly-created blog, I found via View Source, that there is no closing tag for the '<div class="bPosts">' tag, which might be causing the problem. Whatever it is, there seems to be a bug in this skin.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT# 1: That problem IS also in IE7.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT#2: (see below)

The '<div class="bPosts">' has a </div> -- its misplaced (it's currently located after the footer's '<div class="PageFooter"> closing </div>).

The closing </div> for <div id="item_..."> is misplaced (see View Source - the next line after "<!-- ===================== START OF FEEDBACK ===================== -->"). Inside of index.main.php, move it from above "// ---------------------------------- END OF POSTS ------------------------------------" to after the </div> that is just before "// ------------------ FEEDBACK (COMMENTS/TRACKBACKS) INCLUDED HERE ------------------".

Also, '</div><!-- class="wrapper" -->' is misplaced. It should be placed after the PageFooter's closing </div>.

Maybe that will take care of some versions of IE7 (there are variations that produce strange results), but not IE6. I haven't found the other problem, yet. Hopefully someone else will take it from here because it is unsightly in IE6. There are still a lot of IE6 users out there. View Source may be the easiest way to find the last solution. :?:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Nov 25, 2008 09:18

Hello.

I updated my initial post with some potential edits.

There is still a little more (maybe simple?) to be done as IE6 is definitely not fixed and is unsightly for Blog A near the footer. There may be some versions of IE7 that might behave similar to IE6 b/c I've seen some strange behaviors within IE7 versions for other web pages. :roll:

Hopefully, someone will take the time to find the last edit needed.

Thanks.

3 Nov 25, 2008 19:42

Hi sam2kb.

FYI -
All I did was upload the summary.php file for the test. Was this enough or are there revisions in the plugin file that requires a full installation of the plugin?

I'll PM you the link if you still want it after reading this. Just let me know. The blog is not yet public since its still being configured.

Thanks.

4 Nov 25, 2008 19:44

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you replied to the wrong post ;)

¥

5 Nov 25, 2008 19:49

LOL-

You're right, ¥åßßå. All pages look the same when scrolled to the Quick Reply area. Thanks for letting me know.

6 Nov 26, 2008 05:30

UPDATE:

After making the previously-mentioned corrections to the index.main.php file, Blog A looked like it should look in the version of IE7 I used, although the problem still persists in IE6. Hopefully, this fix will work for other IE7 versions as some show differences in web pages.

From what I can see, Blog A is not adaptable to purple_beauty for IE6, BUT recreating a new blog with the same widgets and posts (via multi-blog categories feature) with the file corrections, IE6 displays the new blog just fine.

HTH someone... :)

7 Jan 24, 2009 03:00

Hello.

Another UPDATE.

I think I found the root cause of the IE 6 problem without delving into the 'why' part. Here is the solution:

After downloading purple_beauty,

1) Fix the '<div>' tags for 'bPosts' and 'wrapper' as described in my initial post above. That will fix the center so css 'clear' div is unnecessary FOR IE 6 BUT 'clear' still SEEMS TO BE NEEDED for FireFox 2. The 'clear' causes a problem with IE 6 so at least use within a conditional browser statement.

2) Replace Content Search Form with Advanced Search form. For whatever reason, it too seems incompatible with IE 6.

Now, purple_beauty should work in IE 6 even for Blog A, et al. There is a slight page hiccup with blogs with pages containing 2 posts but only when the scrollbar is moved toward bottom of page). At least this is closer.

Take care.

EDITED

8 Jan 24, 2009 05:51

Hello again.

I performed another test and made revisions to last reply.

Form is loading...