Recent Topics

1 Nov 30, 2008 01:44    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm trying to move from WP to B2E. I tried using the conversion tool which is packaged with my B2E, called Hari's Wordpress Importer, but it doesn't recognize my WP database name, and therefore I cannot use it.

Can anyone tell me a good way to move from WP 2.6 into B2EVO 2.4.5?

Thanks
David

2 Dec 02, 2008 16:43

I've never tried Hari's importer so I dunno what the problem is, it's possibly your WP version that's tripping it ... but I can't remember what version the converter's for :P

You are meant to be able to import your posts by exporting them in moveabletype format, or summat, but don't ask me how ... cos I've never done that either :P

¥

3 Dec 03, 2008 08:13

dlevy wrote:

I'm trying to move from WP to B2E. I tried using the conversion tool which is packaged with my B2E, called Hari's Wordpress Importer, but it doesn't recognize my WP database name, and therefore I cannot use it.

If you look around, there are users who experienced issues in their attempt to migrate their existing WP 2.x blog(s) to b2evoloution.

dlevy wrote:

Can anyone tell me a good way to move from WP 2.6 into B2EVO 2.4.5?

Thanks
David

I would suggest an intermediate manner for you to accomplish the feat. You may try exporting your WP 2.x blogs into Movable Type [url=http://projects.codemonkeyramblings.com/2007/03/wordpress-to-movable-type-expo-1.php]try this importer, for instance[/url] --but there should be others; subsequently, use the b2evolution MT importer that comes with b2evo.

Approximately one year ago, I migrated my few blogs from MT into b2evo 2.4 (early x-version) using the MT importer that comes with b2evo.

Make sure to resolve any corrections to your WP blogs before the import operation because you may not be able to make any modifications of your WP existing data under b2evo --unless you disable b2evolution security mechanisms; of course, this latter is not recommended unless you want a skiddie (according to ¥åßßå) to hijack your blog.

Additionally, be ready to fix categories after the import operation and, of course, the existing paths/data layout of your previous resources should be duplicated relevant to your b2evolution installation root directory(s).

Notwithstanding, it may take you some tries before you succeed in your effort and learn by inductive reasoning by observing discrepancies.

You may be aided by the fact that you can create several databases (with different names) to create as many b2evolution installation instances to make your inductive work easier. Evidently, if you take this latter suggestion, make sure that you have adequate computing resources to sustain your endeavor.

Good luck ! :)

Form is loading...