Recent Topics

1 Jan 11, 2009 08:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

How do I create a non blog frontpage which then has links linking off to the blog pages from it? I've tried messing with B2evolution files but it locks me out sometimes and says to not access the page directly. Also how to I disable the pingback box on the full post page?

3 Jan 12, 2009 09:32

The chances are that you need to reword your question(s) ;)

¥

4 Jan 13, 2009 03:47

Nevermind I figured it out.

5 Jan 13, 2009 03:57

Nevermind, I didn't figure it out. How do I disable the, Please don't view this page directly message?

6 Jan 13, 2009 09:30

If you're getting that error then you're doing things wrong.

How are you trying to do your homepage ? Feel free to post the code ( slap it between [php][/php] tags though )

¥

7 Jan 13, 2009 09:58

http://mezzocdi.com/blog/index.php?blog=2
Thats my site, the News section is what I am trying to edit. I want to add little modules with titles like 'Lastest Headlines' and 'New Content' then have content inside those modules. I could do alone, its just I've never used a blogging system and its confusing me :D

8 Jan 13, 2009 10:08

If you mean in the sidebar then :

Admin > blog settings > news blog > widgets > add new ( on sidebar container )

You can choose from any of the widgets there. You'll probably want to be looking into linkblogs and freehtml widgets

¥

10 Jan 14, 2009 01:02

Ok I'll reword again lol. I want to be able to change the way and look the news blog posts but not have it change the other blogs looks. I just want to be able to freely edit news blog's code and not have it mess up the rest.

11 Jan 14, 2009 09:18

You can always make a copy of the skin folder of your choice, give it a shiny new name and install it in admin ( admin > global settings > skin install > install new )

Then chose that as the skin for your news blog ( admin > blog settings > news blog > skin )

¥

12 Jan 15, 2009 01:34

Ok I figured out how to by pass the 'Don't access page directly' message. Now I can edit it freely :D

Form is loading...