Recent Topics

1 Mar 01, 2009 00:57    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Where do I change the URL for a blog...

Example:

My domain is http://www.livehappyandwell.com and I have it redirected to http://whatamanjackson.com/blog/blog5.php in my cpanel.

Where can I add something to get www.livehappyandwell.com to stay in the address bar.

Thanks

3 Mar 01, 2009 04:29

Doesn't that kill SEO...isn't there a htaccess file or a php script that I can use to do the same thing.

4 Mar 01, 2009 04:59

If these domains are on the same server you can create a new blog, set its URL as livehappyandwell.com, select the same skin as on blog5 and then aggregate all posts into it.

In this case all links will take you to the original blog anyway.

Or you can even install another copy of b2evo on livehappyandwell.com and share the database between both systems. All links will point to livehappyandwell.com.

5 Mar 01, 2009 05:02

Both domains are yours I'm guessing? Are they both on the same server? If so just have livewellandhappy point to the same database :)

There's a real estate blog that shows up on the "recently updated" list that basically spams the internet that way. Somthing like a million "blogs" in the sidebar, most of which have almost identical names, all of which have the same exact content. Neat trick eh? The thing is that the database doesn't care what domain is putting and pulling info - if a domain gives it the proper login credentials then it talks to it. So what you do is post from one domain and let both share the content.

Your livewellandhappy domain might be a tad tricky to set up because of how the cats would have to align, but really they only have to align by cat_ID. So cats in blog 5 on your whateveritis domain simply have to exist on the liveinawell domain ... and be moved to blog 1. Or maybe on the livefromahappywell domain you use blog 4 as your primary blog on index?

Or hey there might be a way to do it with .htaccess ;)

6 Mar 01, 2009 05:03

Great minds think alike eh? :D

7 Mar 01, 2009 05:05

EdB wrote:

Great minds think alike eh? :D

:p

8 Mar 01, 2009 16:39

Thanks for the input...I installed another B2E ...that will probably work better....

If anybody else has the htaccess script...please share...Thanks!

Form is loading...