Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2009 08:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi, i am incredibly nontechnical so please bear with me!

i am trying to install b2evolution via go daddy and having little success. it's taken me to a website called starfield technologies where i am trying to import the 'blogs' folder but it will only let me upload 1 individual text file.

please can someone give me some advice on this as i have tried calling go daddy and they are completely useless!

thanks in advance,

jessie

2 Jun 08, 2009 10:11

jessop wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi, i am incredibly nontechnical so please bear with me!

[...] daddy [...]to a website called starfield technologies where i am trying to import the 'blogs' folder but it will only let me upload 1 individual text file.
[...]
jessie

Your hosting provider or its subcontrator(s) are your best source(s) of reference for the procedure to upload resource(s) to their infrastructure (files types, max upload, etc.). Please visit their peer user forums --those are your best reference for this initial information.

After you become acquainted with that first step, subsequent issues relevant to the actual b2evolution installation can be addressed here.

Good luck!

3 Jun 10, 2009 05:02

go daddy has this restriction that you must upload one file at a time... it sucks but that's how it works. I found this out for one of the sites I did for a friend of mine...

we should come up with a request for go-daddy to provide a b2evo install script out of the box.

Perhaps Francois (as our fearless leader) can write them a note...

but until that time, you have to get use to uploading one file at a time. I use file zilla and have disable the 'multiple' streams for godaddy...

4 Jun 10, 2009 13:50

You can also upload a zip and extract it from control panel.
Last time I tried this the extracted files had doubled line breaks which led to "headers already sent" errors :(

Another way is to use SFTP/SSH to upload and extract archives.

Form is loading...