Recent Topics

1 Jul 07, 2009 11:18    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey guys. This is probably a super noobish question to ask, but i had no where else to ask. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on creating a blogging website. Literally something like Tumblr where people are able to create an account and blog and what not. I have some experience in HTML, though it's been a long time, i think i'm able to figure things out.

I know i'll need a account database and what not but any other tips you guys can give me? I know you guys have more experience. Am i looking at something really challenging and tons of stuff to learn?

Thanks in advance. =)

3 Jul 07, 2009 21:10

Awesome Yabba. Thank you for the help. Does the "Auto Blog" include the registration thingy i need with it too? Such as a login center and registration form?

4 Jul 08, 2009 07:27

b2evo has built in registration ;)

¥

5 Jul 08, 2009 08:53

Ohh okay, duhh. Haha. Gotcha. Is it possible to put the registration form in the front page? Without having to redirect to another page?

6 Jul 08, 2009 16:14

Yes, but it requires that you hack a few core files, although you can emulate parts of it without hacking.

Have a wander around your install for a tad first though and see if it's suited to your needs before you bother about all the tiny details ;)

¥

7 Jul 08, 2009 20:01

Good idea. I'll look into that more. This is probably off topic, but i'm having trouble with Dreamweaver. I have all my images sliced and what not, but everytime i try to add a link or add a table and what not to the layout, it stretches everything and it makes these weird alignments. Is this normal?

8 Jul 09, 2009 08:58

I've never used dreamweaver so I really couldn't help you ;)

¥

9 Jul 09, 2009 20:22

Ohh okay, i think i figured it out. Quick question though. Does b2evolution offer the same stuff and features as Wordpress does?

10 Jul 10, 2009 05:35

That is kinda like asking on an apple forum "does os x have all the stuff windows has" yah? I mean, what answer do you expect here other than something like "more and better?"

¥åßßå wrote:

... Have a wander around your install for a tad first though and see if it's suited to your needs ...

That is how you're going to find out if this is the application for you.

11 Jul 10, 2009 09:50

I appreciate your input. But before anything, it'd be nice to know a little bit of information before i start anything, don't ya think? I don't want to start installing shit that doesn't suit me when i could just get some information from people who have already experienced it. Thanks.

12 Jul 10, 2009 10:20

Well yeah, but how are we to know what wordpress has or doesn't have? Same with the fine folk who hang out in WP forums regarding b2evolution? There are gonna be pros and cons to each, and each person gets to decide which one seems better for them. Here (obviously) we're going to be more inclined to think b2evo has what it takes and wordpress doesn't. I got this feeling those into WP will see it differently ;)

WP has a heck of a lot more skins and plugins available. Also a pretty bad history of gross security holes getting patched. b2evolution has always done multi-user multi-blog multi-language, but seems to have a problem or two with hogging server resources to get it done.

I played with WP long enough once to know I like a lot of how they handle resizing images - much less server memory and it retains the file's original name - but I don't like how you get one resize and only one resize. I am currently working an installation that will use THREE different image resizes, and am stuck with the stupid file names it creates.

And I'll bet this *still* doesn't tell you what you might need to know because only you know what you're looking for. So start installing shit or just sit there wondering what would happen if you did. Duh.

13 Jul 10, 2009 10:54

Thanks EdB. I'm actually trying to figure things out at my own pace as well as asking questions at the same time so things will be a little easier on me. I apologize if i'm starting this whole controversy. I'll see to it now. I think i have an idea of what i'm going to do. Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

Form is loading...