Recent Topics

1 Oct 10, 2009 22:36    

My b2evolution Version:

Hello,

I have a new install of 3.3.1 and two issues

I've created a new blog.

Issue 1: On the URLs tab, when I try to set this new blog to the default blog it says that my settings have been updated, but it reverts to BlogA as being the default. (I've set Blog A to not be the default on it's tab, but that doesn't seem to make a difference)

I suppose I could just delete the sample blogs, but the guide says you should not delete them, just hide them until you repurpose them.

Issue 2: How do you hide them from showing?

thanks!

2 Oct 10, 2009 22:54

found the setting for default blog under "global" however it seems odd that there is an option to set this on an individuals url tab.

I guess it's not clear to me why that option is available on the individual url tab if it cannot actually set the blog to be the default.

3 Oct 10, 2009 22:57

hm! Didn't used to be that way. I mean, both locations had the option to control which was the default blog, but BOTH were able to make the change. Meaning in 2.* doing it your original way worked.

Thanks for sharing the solution!

4 Oct 10, 2009 23:25

You seem to be supposed to look at the "Current default" note after the option on the blog's URL settings tab... That is weird, it only makes sense to be able to use that option if the current blog really *is* the default blog. Bug?

//edit:
EdB wrote:

Didn't used to be that way. I mean, both locations had the option to control which was the default blog, but BOTH were able to make the change. Meaning in 2.* doing it your original way worked.

No, it didn't. I just tried it and changing the blog-specific setting doesn't change the global setting. I think this is simply an ugly UI bug/misconception.

5 Oct 11, 2009 01:52

I'll be darned!

I sorta thought for sure that would have been noticed by now, and I thought for sure I had seen that do it's thing the way one would expect. No way would it have been an improvement of my own doing else I'd have recalled doing that, and yeah you're right: 2.4.7 bugs the way it was reported here.

Suggestion: get rid of the radio options on Blog settings -> URLs if the blog you're on happens to be the default blog on index - replace it with a statement of fact and a note to go check Global settings. For all other blogs remove the option to check that box ... although it would be kinda nice if it was there and it was capable of actually changing the global setting.

The thing about making it work is that ... ah heck never mind. Either way is cool cuz once done no one else will stumble upon this bug / bad UI thing.

Form is loading...