Recent Topics

1 Nov 12, 2009 10:57    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Is there a way to put a category (or widget?) protected?
Simular with the posts?

I'm looking to use b2evoluation as a kind of 'intranet'. Only logged in users may see the stuff that's in there. But now, when you log in, you can see all the categories. And i want to make this also 'hidden/protected'.

2 Nov 12, 2009 18:32

Best you can hope for is to make all posts in those categories protected , and to "hide" ( not with css ) the category plugins output to non-authorised users.

We have a "wrapper" widget that can achieve the latter, but you'd need to ask topanga for a copy of it ... assuming she still has one ;)

¥

3 Nov 12, 2009 21:05

Yezzz, i was on the right track with the protected posts. ;)

Just the category wasn't clear. I thought i missed something...
If Topanga can sent it over, i'll buy here a dinner (when she comes to Belgium). ;)

4 Nov 13, 2009 18:04

You better put the kettle on then, cos Toppie lives in Belgium :) ... and, coincidentally, I was born in Belgium :p

¥

5 Nov 13, 2009 22:23

For a dinner I do a lot of things;)
Geen probleem om die plugin door te sturen.
De plugin werd speciaal door yabbs voor mij ontwikkeld, dus ik vermoed wel dat ik er een beetje uitleg moet over geven (over hoe te gebruiken)
tenzij jij dat allemaal 'gewoon' liever zelf uitpluist.
Ik zal je DM'en

6 Nov 16, 2009 08:16

Lol, it's a small world after all... ;)
Topanga, thanks for the file!!!

I've installed it (upload, add plugin...), and now i need to figure out how i can reach (enable) the settings for this...
It isn't simple go to category and make hidden... :oops:

Topange,
I think that you first one a "3 course meal" before you'll tell me this? ;)

7 Nov 16, 2009 22:40

Just a simple 'friet van het frietkot' is ok for starters ;)

8 Nov 17, 2009 18:00

Deal 'meid'...

Let me know when you're in Ghent. I'll take you to one of the best 'frietkotten' in Belgium. And if you know that Belgium has already the best ones in the world... ;)

ps for the rest of you, this script/plugin works like it should be. I'll hope they put it in the next release....

9 Nov 17, 2009 18:04

It will never be in whatever release.
It's karmaware ;)
'een pak frieten' is enough karma ;)

10 Nov 17, 2009 21:17

And you owe me a meal :D

¥

11 Nov 18, 2009 04:08

may I also ask for the plugin? Sadly I'm not in Belgium so I can't offer you a meal. Thanks in advance.

12 Nov 18, 2009 08:02

But everybody can offer something
so do something for the world, and we'll send you the plugin.
You can sponsor a KIVA-person for example.
I'm serious about the karmaware.
You don't have to offer me somehting, but you do have to offer the world something.

Form is loading...