Recent Topics

1 Dec 31, 2009 10:30    

when i use post by email, it always posts to the default blog

how can i post to another blog by email?

thanks

2 Feb 22, 2010 13:39

Any one knowing if this can be manually set in some php file? (I guess its not available as a setting)

5 Apr 08, 2010 00:53

Laurie W. wrote:

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Blog_by_email

Try this link, if gives you some details about "Blog by e-mail."

That link doesn't really give you much, and the blog by email function doesn't just default to the main blog, it's the only way it's done. I've been looking through the code, and there wasn't a way programmed in to send it to other blogs. I've been hacking away at it for sometime now trying to do just such a thing. I have it set up to detect which blog from the content of the message, but it still posts to the primary page. I'll have an updated file soon.

6 Jul 04, 2010 15:51

Hello. The manual talks about a button which enables the function blog by emai. Where do I find this button thanks?

7 Jul 04, 2010 16:02

Global Settings -> Features -> Enable Blog by email (in ver. 3.3.3, anyway)

9 Jul 04, 2010 22:26

Hi

I found that but I get

You configured test mode in the settings or set $test to 2. Nothing will be posted to the database/mediastore nor will your inbox be altered.
Connecting and authenticating to mail server.
✔ Success
Reading messages from server.
➜ 6 messages
Message #1:
Could not parse date header!
Message #2:
Message #3:
Message #4:
Message #5:
Message #6:

10 Nov 10, 2010 14:04

markjl wrote:

Hi

I found that but I get

You configured test mode in the settings or set $test to 2. Nothing will be posted to the database/mediastore nor will your inbox be altered.
Connecting and authenticating to mail server.
✔ Success
Reading messages from server.
➜ 6 messages
Message #1:
Message #2:
Message #3:
Message #4:
Message #5:
Message #6:

I am also having the same problem if anyone can help work out what 'parse date header' means please?

11 Nov 10, 2010 14:16

I guess there is a flag to unset, but where is it?
I've been trying to get an answer for some time

12 Nov 13, 2010 02:40

Hi ... I can't even find a good description of what 'Parse' really means to have any idea what else to look for - I don't suppose you know what it means? 8|

14 Nov 13, 2010 10:28

I'm afraid that I'm just about over this problem and platform. Apparently there is no means to get anyone to help out ... and it's easy to simply change platform again. Cheers!

15 Nov 13, 2010 10:31

Do you mean that if you dont get any help you will change platform?

16 Nov 30, 2010 14:29

Why isn't anybody answering posts anymore. Is b2 still alive?

17 Nov 30, 2010 14:54

markjl wrote:

Why isn't anybody answering posts anymore. Is b2 still alive?

kind of.. too many people has given up on b2, but that does not necessarily mean the software is dead.Despite the low number of moderators/developers, the project is still active.

18 Dec 02, 2010 09:01

Yes, I think you're right that people have given up on B2 Evolution, which is a shame. When I came into into 2 years ago roughly, it was good software, widely publicised and easily accessible. However, it has suffered it seems to me from technical problems.

Certainly I have experienced them, in particular related to the high level of trackback spam and I dont seem to have been the only person to notice that.

I have spent time deleting spam and only now seem to have solved it with antispam and captcha user registration.

However, in all the time my blog was running, I had no genuine comments, only spam, which is a major problem for a blog whose major purpose is to provoke interaction.

Lastly when looking for ways to convert to other platforms, they are sorely lacking, or were resolved only for old versions (to v2) of B2.

Now that the forum is poorly inhabited, I fear that the future of B2 Evo is in danger.

Form is loading...