Recent Topics

1 Jan 01, 2010 18:21    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I am new and I am trying to find the info, but I am not getting in correct.

my posts are getting spammed with junk URLs. I thought I stopped it by not letting any posts on my blog. How is anyone still getting past this.

Is this a robot doing thing or are people having to type these in by hand?

2 Jan 02, 2010 00:01

Hi nelsonmay and welcome to the forums. Please tell us your URL so we can look at your site.

4 Jan 02, 2010 20:10

Ok, I can't see any spam on your blog. You've disabled comments, so I can't see if there was any spam there. If there was, then it looks like you've sorted it out (so long as you don't mind having no comments).

Do you still have the problem, and if so can you show us a page where the spam is getting through?

5 Jan 02, 2010 21:36

I was on vacation when I wrote this. I am getting spammed internally. There are so many people leaveing bogus comments with their own URLs. I guess they are hoping I post them. Anyway, I am gettting about 30 emails a day saying I have a comment and I also have to clean out the blog and delete these which takes time.

That is whey I wanted to know if a robot did this and if there was a way to block the robot.

6 Jan 03, 2010 17:54

Ok. So you have comments moderated on your blog.

Yes, the answer is that it almost certainly is a spam robot doing this, probably several of them. Have you updated your antispam list recently? I also notice that you've never submitted any of the the spammy comments from this particular blog to the central list, so if you don't, it won't be able to protect you.

7 Jan 03, 2010 20:20

Cool.

I am new enough to this that I don't know how to do what you recommended. Can you give me a few pointers until I am up to speed?

8 Jan 03, 2010 20:23

bY the way, can I change the email that these comments are sent to?

9 Jan 03, 2010 20:44

To update your anti-spam list, go: Tools >> Anti-spam >> Request Abuse Update from Centralised Blacklist

Repeat the last step as necessary until you see the message "Not necessary! (Already handled)" in the grey box at the top.

To report the spam comments, go Posts/Comments >> Comments, then select the little red & white icon between the domain name and email address on the comments you'd like to report, then click on the 'Perform Operations' button on the succeeding page.

10 Feb 10, 2010 23:07

I disabled comments and the spam still keeps posting. No "spam karma" settings work, and it's useless to put posters on the central blacklist because they rotate sources constantlyu. I'm going to discontinue my blog, and my webhost, and go to wordpress.

11 Feb 11, 2010 04:40

I disabled comments and the spam still keeps posting.

Do you mean the spam from contact form?
You won't receive any comments if you disable them on Blog settings > Features tab.

To get rid of contact form spam uncheck the "Message form" option in user profile.

Also consider installing a captcha plugin.

I'm going to discontinue my blog, and my webhost, and go to wordpress.

You are free to use any software, even WP ;)

Form is loading...