Recent Topics

1 Jan 07, 2010 00:09    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have 2.4.1 and want to upgrade to the latest version. I am totally confused on how to do this. The directions give a lot of into, but code and back end is not my specialty.

When I download the latest version, do I have to use dreamweaver to load the file to my old blog.

I am also not familiar with the proper directories.

I assume I have to back up my blog, but do I do that through dreamweaver and just copy and rename the blog.

Anyway, I am really confused. Did anyone write some baby steps that they could forward to me that will let me do this step by step?

Cheers

2 Jan 10, 2010 06:22

I just upgraded from 2.4.1 to 3.3.3 and it didn't work. I would go to like 3.3.2 or something befure 3.3.3.

back up all of your data & files
Then you basically just copy all the new b2evo files to your website
replace all the files you have there (except your skins)
and then run the install
that's about it.

The upgrade has always worked for me for many years now... until now... which really sucks because I didn't backup my db and it's not working. But the upgrade instructions do say "backup" so it's user error. lol

3 Jan 10, 2010 08:24

esanchez wrote:

The upgrade has always worked for me for many years now... until now... which really sucks because I didn't backup my db and it's not working. But the upgrade instructions do say "backup" so it's user error. lol

The DB can be manually repaired even if it got damaged by b2evo installer. Let me know if you need help repairing the DB

Form is loading...