Recent Topics

1 Aug 22, 2004 11:50    

Hi. I'm using the mars spirit skin (for v. 0.9.0.8) and although it looks great for me (FireFox 0.9.1 with 1280x1024 resolution), I have a regular visitor that uses Opera (v7.53 I think?) and the comment box is stretched across the screen and actually goes UNDER the sidebar so that at times she can't even see what she is typing.

Any help/advice/info to make the comment area compatible with Opera would be GREATLY appreciated!! :)

Thanks.
Angela
http://www.wigglebottoms.com

2 Aug 23, 2004 05:09

Hmm...that is strange indeed. I clicked on a comment link and it did just what your visitor said. Opera is goofy sometimes. :/

P.S. Thanks for the Books for Soldiers link, been trying to figure out the best way to donate books!

3 Aug 23, 2004 14:09

Thanks for checking out my blog! Books For Soldiers is a great program. :D Being a Navy Wife though, I'd like to encourage you to send anything you can to the Sailors out there. *wink wink*

4 Aug 25, 2004 08:00

Anyone else have ANY idea of how I might make the Mars-Spirt skin more Opera-Friendly?? I've tried convincing all my visitors to just make the switch to FireFox, but alas, they are a stubborn breed. ;)

Seriously, ANY advice would be greatly appreciated and you'll definitely get a spot in my "Cool" book. :D

Angela

5 Aug 25, 2004 08:36

After suffering through NS4.77 I figured Opera can't be much worse so I downloaded it and checked out your site in it. Nothing personal, but BLECH! Not the site - the blowout your comments page gets in Opera. I have 7.54 and I'm seeing a comment field about a million pixels wide. It goes under the side bar then runs off the side of the monitor, leaves the house through the back door, takes a trip around the block, then finally shows up in my neighbor's yard where the little scroll dealie is.

Can I make a simple suggestion here? Get your code to validate again. I dunno why it might matter but it might. Maybe Opera decides "well if you don't care then I'll just do as I please"? Hopefully a regular Opera user and code fixer will come along and explain if/if not this is the solution to your problem.

7 Aug 25, 2004 11:28

Thanks for the help guys! :D
I knew yall could point me in the right direction!!

*MWAH*

Angela

8 Aug 25, 2004 11:45

IT WORKED!!
I fixed the comment box!! EdB, please tell your neighbor that I promise not to let my comment box go through his yard again! :D

It was this line on _feedback.php

<h2 id="postcomment"><?php echo T_('Leave a comment') ?></h4>

I changed it to this:

<h2 id="postcomment"><?php echo T_('Leave a comment') ?></h2>

And now my comment box is back where it should be in Opera. :D

I still have a ton of other errors to correct to get the code to validate, but man, I'm a happy puppy! YOU ARE ALL IN MY COOL BOOK!! LOL

Angela

Form is loading...