Recent Topics

1 Nov 14, 2010 03:37    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3 installed via Softaculous
URL: http://djselmes.com/blog/blog2.php

I have a rather strange problem.

I discovered it when I was trying to figure out how to change the order in which blogs appear in backoffice (I want the fifth blog, the Latin America one, to be third). There's a numerical order field, but doesn't seem to be a way to change it. No matter, I thought, I'll do it in the database directly.

That was when I discovered something very, *very* odd.

None of the changes I'd made in the backoffice were in the database. Not my updated user nickname. Not the changed blog names and descriptions. Not the new blog I'd created (the Latin America one). Not the posts I'd made (in the Project Management blog). Nada.

But those things were working on my site, for the most part. The fifth blog is there. The changed blog names and descriptions appear most of the time (although there are certain places where they still say Blog A, and the URLs still use the original blog1 etc tags). My new posts appear.

It did occur to me that my webhost might be having some lags in database replication, so I didn't sweat it too much. But nearly a week later, the behaviour persists.

I just don't understand how my changes can not be in the database but they display on the blog. Where the heck are they? I didn't think B2 used flat files.

I need to resolve this, if only so I can back up my blogs properly. B2 seems like the perfect platform for my purposes so I don't want to walk away from it.

Can anyone help?

2 Nov 14, 2010 03:48

There is no way, as far as I know, to order the blogs. (It's based on their creation ID, whatever you created first goes first, etc.)

You can however, order the posts within the blog, along with the categories.

I can't answer any of the rest of your query as I'm not smart enough. Hopefully one of the regulars will be along soon. However, I suspect at least one of them will request you: a) post a URL to your site. b) tell us what version of b2evo you're using.

3 Nov 14, 2010 03:55

Thanks - I've updated the post. Cheers - D

Form is loading...