Recent Topics

1 Jan 23, 2011 06:26    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.3

Upgrading from 3.3.3 to 4.0.3 has been a mess...

At least 3 plugins have stopped working or give errors: Tweetmeme, Basic Anti-Spam, AM Bobit...

But most important, now I can't write a new article, edit old ones nor view Posts / Comments; all I get are blank pages. Any Ideas??????

3 Jan 23, 2011 18:54

Tweetmeme

Use twitter plugin shipped with b2vo 4

AM Bobit

This plugin is no longer maintained, listed skins and plugin are mostly outdated, you don't need it anyway.

Basic antispam

Already fixed http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=21840

But most important, now I can't write a new article, edit old ones nor view Posts / Comments; all I get are blank pages. Any Ideas??????

Check PHP and Apace/nginx logs. How many memory did you give to PHP?

4 Jan 23, 2011 19:17

Use twitter plugin shipped with b2vo 4

Doesn't that plugin just tweet out the post. The tweetmeme plugin doesn't do anything like that and just displays the tweetmeme badge. I don't think the twitter plugin is a replacement.

L

5 Jan 23, 2011 19:42

he tweetmeme plugin doesn't do anything like that and just displays the tweetmeme badge.

I didn't know that. Just checked the plugin, well done ;)

6 Jan 23, 2011 20:12

sam2kb wrote:

AM Bobit

This plugin is no longer maintained, listed skins and plugin are mostly outdated, you don't need it anyway.

Didn't I give you full admin and ftp access to it in 3.x days so you could maintain it if you wanted?

Main reason that all the plugins et al are obsolete is that majority of the players on there no longer code for evo so their plugins and skins haven't progressed much beyond 2.4.x

¥

7 Jan 23, 2011 20:17

I just can't dedicate all my time to b2evo. I'm already managing skins section and literally live on this forum.

8 Jan 23, 2011 20:57

No worries, it wasn't a dig at you. :)

¥

9 Jan 24, 2011 13:19

sam2kb, thanks for your help.

I have uninstalled the AM Bobit plugin, patched the Basic Anti-Spam as instructed in the the thread you pointed out and also installed the Tweetmeme Beta version lturner kindly provided.
Those issues are now resolved, though I suggest you issue a patch for the Basic Anti-Spam because it must be affecting most of the upgrades done.

Now, about the blank pages. I solved it overwriting all 4.0.3 files with same 4.0.3 version files.
I believe the problem has to do with the new Cache Management tool. I used all of these tools:

Cache management

* Clear pre-renderered item cache (DB)
* Clear full page cache (/cache directory)
* Clear thumbnail caches (?evocache directories)

Database management

* Optimize database tables (MyISAM tables used for sessions & logs)

I believed nothing wrong could happen and that performance would improve... but I got blank pages instead.
I suggest FP provides with a new manual or instructions about these features and also warnings if necessary.

I don't dare use these tools:

Database Maintenance Tools

* Find all broken posts that have no matching category
* Find all broken slugs that have no matching target post

10 Jan 24, 2011 16:05

gcasanova wrote:

I suggest FP provides with a new manual or instructions about these features and also warnings if necessary.

Not very likely.b2 is poorly documented in most areas and there aren't enough guys left capable of helping out with the docs.

11 Jan 24, 2011 16:06

By the way, Bopit is a big loss for b2. it was a huge chance at the time, so sad to see noone cared to take it over.I'm afraid it will go down the sewer if noone updates it in near future.

b2 users always complained about the lack of plugins & skins and not being able to find them.And they are absolutely right.Heck, even i can't find some plugins i need that i knew they did exist.Also the developers had to go through a few steps to submit an extension.Bopit would eradicate both of those issues making everyone happy, i cant see why it has not been maintained and integrated in core.

12 Jan 24, 2011 17:34

Glad to see that at least *you* got the name right ;)

¥

Form is loading...