Recent Topics

1 Jul 20, 2011 12:38    

My b2evolution Version:

Hello,
I have just installed b2evolution (version 4.0.5-stable) on my server and activated it.....
However there are 2 errors that occur and I do not know how to fix them:
1. during the automatic installation, the .htaccess file could not be installed somehow
2. more importantly, the picture files on the sample blogs do not show. Apparently that is a permissions error. Please can you tell me which permission I need to change and in which file/folder so that I can see the sample blogs
BTW - I am not a techie :-(
Thank you

2 Jul 21, 2011 07:48

Welcome to the forum!

You must change directory permissions to 755 for folder /media and all its subfolders.

1. during the automatic installation, the .htaccess file could not be installed somehow

Not a big deal, it's not required. You can manually rename the file sample.htaccess to .htaccess (note the leading dot) in your b2evo directory.

3 Jul 22, 2011 05:10

Thanks.

I have set the permissions all to 755, but the issue remains the same. The sample skins and photos do not show. Error message reads:
_evocache folder read/write error! check filesystem permissions.

Where do I find this folder to change its permissions?

Thanks again.

4 Jul 22, 2011 06:10

_evocache folders get created inside the /media directory. You already set their permissions to 755.

Check that your group/user match media directory owner group/user. Also try to set 777 perms for media directory recursively, this is a security breach though.

Talk to your hosting support.

Form is loading...