Recent Topics

1 Jul 19, 2005 18:15    

Is there any script which allow to move from Dotclear to b2evolution ?

I googlize and made some research on the forums but did not find anaything relevant. Someone have a solution ?

I need subcategories as I do not want that my blog become a mess... :?

2 Jul 19, 2005 19:28

I haven't heard of any script for importing dotclear. In fact, I had never heard of dotclear before today. There is a built in importer script in the tools tab of the b2evolution backoffice. It's made for Movable Type, but if you can make your dotclear template output something that looks like the MT output, then it should work. I've used it to import posts from blogger. Here's an example of what an MT export file looks like:

http://www.brendoman.com/b2e/admin/dbc.txt

I don't think MT handles subcategories, so you may not be able to preserve them. If you can import your subcats as regular categories, then once you get into b2evolution you can move them around and get them nested how you want.

Another option is to look into what other blog cmses you can export dotclear to. If you can export it to Movable Type, then you should be able to get it to b2evolution with an extra step or two.

3 Jul 19, 2005 22:30

For people who do not know dotclear : http://www.dotclear.net/ ; it's a franch blog system which meets a nice success in France especially.

Hmm what a pity it does not exist. I will take a look at your suggestions anyway ;)

4 Jul 21, 2005 11:31

personman wrote:

http://www.brendoman.com/b2e/admin/dbc.txt

The file is not available (or the rights on the file do not allow to see/download it)

Moreover, I would like to avoid buying a MT licence to use it in order to convert from Dotclear to b2evolution through MT... :roll:

6 Jul 21, 2005 14:05

Sorry, we're switching webhosts, the file is available again now. You don't need an MT liscence. You don't need to install MT at all. You just need to get your blog template to output something that looks like the MT output format. Once you do that, then you can import all your posts to b2evolution very easily and accurately. This will work better than the Wordpress/RSS solution.

8 Jul 22, 2005 13:43

Hmm one question about tour file : it's a flat file without any text formatting - except for links. do I guess I'll have to redo the text formatting next to the import ; true ?

Another point : if I took b2 text formatting syntax, will the import tool from b2 take it into account ? In order to know if it's worth to convert the dotclear syntax into b2one or if I just remove it...

9 Jul 22, 2005 14:08

My export file included some formatting. There are images and html text formatting. What type of formatting does dotclear use? It will probably work fine.

10 Jul 22, 2005 19:39

personman wrote:

My export file included some formatting. There are images and html text formatting. What type of formatting does dotclear use? It will probably work fine.

Yes I saw some img and a href tags.

I meant bold, italic and so on. I do not see them.

11 Jul 22, 2005 22:59

Search the txt file for

<b> or <i> or <u>

They're in there. They should import just fine. The link I gave you is to a plain text file, so your browser isn't showing you the formatted text, just the code. Your dotclear installation probably won't output at txt file, but you can get your output file to look like this, then save the file and rename it from php (or html) to txt.

Form is loading...