Recent Topics

1 Aug 28, 2005 01:08    

hey I tested the Demo version , and I loved the the Advanced File Upload.

but i wish you could add the abidlity to see a very small thunbmail of the image in the file manageer.

so you can easily add the previously uploaded images to your post , without opening each one .

2 Sep 07, 2005 00:59

oh thanx for reply :(

3 Sep 08, 2005 05:46

I like it too, but I couldn't figure out how to automatically paste the image URL into the post I'm writing (like how is currently done). Am I missing something, or was this feature removed?

4 Sep 08, 2005 06:14

Nope. It's just not as intuitive as it used to be. For a while I almost decided they forgot about including the appropriate code in your post, but then I figured it out. I wasn't exactly thrilled with how the image appeared in the post, but I only scratched the surface of what it's doing.

Keep in mind CVS is entirely flexible and subject to change without notice, but basically after you upload you click on the file manager link in the upload window, then check the checkbox for the image you want in your post, then click the "img" button to insert it into your post. After that is the part I'm unhappy with. It makes a div and a div that put the image with your long description into your post. I'd prefer to just pick a rightmargin or leftmargin class and write my own stuff in the post, but it's probably possible so I shouldn't be shouting out my ignorance.

Anyway that seems to be the deal as of now. Maybe a thumbnail generator is coming, maybe not. Maybe we'll have easy-breezy control over how an image is inserted, maybe not. Maybe the earth is spherical and revolves while rotating around a massive fission reaction hovering in a backwater branch of a minor galaxy, and maybe not!

5 Sep 08, 2005 06:15

Oh by the way there are a few of us who are planning on writing documentation for the new release as soon as it is officially a product. I'm sure someone will come up with a how-to on this feature, and I'm sure people will come up with cool image-related hacks after that.

Form is loading...