Recent Topics

1 Sep 20, 2005 03:02    

Hello all,
I"m a new User and am very happy with this Blog software :D. Everything has been running smooth untill last night. I was writing a post, and it wouldn't let me preview, but i saved anyways. Once i saved, the blog gave me a "page cannpt be found". I had to go into myphpadmin and erase the problem post. Once i did that, the Blog worked fine as usual. At first I thought it was length, but I eventually narrowed it down to the word "pedophile" or even "pedofile". which was in my post. Everytime I write this word, the Blog won't preview and it just loads forever with no result. I cleared my antispam table, and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem. It's not a big deal, cause i don't think that word comes up in too many posts, but are there other words that cause this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Sep 20, 2005 03:37

What version? Also info about your server might help, not that I know why. Mostly, what version. Also, no disrespect here, but what do you mean by "cleared your antispam table"? Here's what's weird to me. If you can't preview then you shouldn't be able to save it because as far as I know it uses the same filters for previewing and posting. Also once it lets you save why would it choke on displaying?

3 Sep 20, 2005 04:19

The version i'm running is the newest one Dawn. As for clearing the Antispam table, i used the recent plugin for added back office antispam control. It wouldn't let me preview, it would just hang, but i thought it was a slow connections, so i tried saving anyways. As for server info, i'm running one of those free hosting sites, i can't remember thename.

It would save and then take me back to the back office, once i tried to "exit to blog" it would go to one of my blogs, but wouldn't let me access the blog where i had posted the message. Only by eliminating the post via PHPadmin, was i able to regain access. I've recreated this error more than once.

Thanks for the reply.

4 Sep 20, 2005 04:51

Okay lemme see if I can't duplicate your problem. I have a dawn installation with the hack that offers emptying the antispam table, and my local version only has official keywords in it. In theory if I post with that particular keyword I'll have the same problem you did. Time will tell...

5 Sep 20, 2005 05:15

Okay - tried duplicating and could not. First: "pedophile" or "pedofile" are not in the banned word list. I searched my list for anthing that matches "ile", and decided to test with one of the results. When the result was used as the title and the link-to-url and the content it allowed me to preview and save the post. When I added http:// in front of the banned keyword in the link-to-url field I was no longer allowed previewing or saving due to the banned term being linked.

Gotta be something else going on.

Personally I think you're missing the actual cause of the problem in your initial post, but I only have what you wrote to go on. There is no reason it will block pedophile and there is no way you can save something you can't preview. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it - this time. I suggest you get a brand new zip and over-write all the files on your server. That way you can find out if maybe your installation is somehow corrupt, or if maybe my plugin is causing the damage. After that if you're able to post with either of those terms you can consider restoring my plugin. After that we'll know if it was just a weird issue with your installation of if my plugin is killing your blog.

6 Sep 22, 2005 05:47

Thanks for the input, i'm gonna take a look at it this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Form is loading...