Recent Topics

1 Oct 16, 2005 19:17    

I just installed "Dawn" and I am having problems. I had an older version of b2evo, I think 0.8 something and I was able to rename any of the versions of blogs to index.php that I wanted to be at the front, but that is not the case with this "dawn" version. Blogs are in a different folder, and I don't even have blog a, blog b, blog all anymore. All I have in that folder is summary.php and multiblog.php. How do I get an index.php page? Another thing is When I go into the admin panel, I am able to post a new article to blogs I can't see, but I am not able to edit the blogs. It keeps giving me a "this page doesn't exist" when I click edit for any of the blogs. Where are blogs a, b and blog all? If you need to see my site, please let me know because I don't know what the problem is.

2 Oct 16, 2005 19:49

A link would probably be helpful, but maybe you can try this.

In the back office go to the Blogs tab. Click on your main blog and make sure it's checked as the default blog. Then, click on the name of one of your other blogs (if you can) and check to see that they are linked as "another blog through index.php" (or something like that) rather than linked through a stub file.

That should work if everything is setup fine but it sounds like you may have some deeper problems.

3 Oct 16, 2005 20:25

Should I just reinstall it? Is it possible that I have a bad install or something? What about the edit page? What's going on there? Here's my site www.onewordmag.com/virtual_pen I just deleted that install page. The default that I chose is not showing up in its place.

4 Oct 16, 2005 21:07

OK, I reinstalled. Seems like I can't put the blogs in the base folder, they have to be in the blogs folder. That sux. Now I have to change ALL the links I have to the blogs in the other side of my site. Ugh. I liked it better in the older version when I didn't have that restriction.

5 Oct 16, 2005 21:32

You can install in your base directory. Just put whatever files are in the /blogs folder in your base directory, and then copy all the extra folders into your base directory as well. That should work fine.

Form is loading...